Trump's America

zoogs

40 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I  remember walking out of the Lincoln memorial in 1998 towards the evening and the monuments and WH were all lit up. I told the guys I was with (business meeting) that is was hard for me to speak of President Lincoln and President Clinton in the same breath.  There is no measurable equivalency.  Well, that doesn't compare to what is in the WH today.  I can imagine all of the great Presidents rolling in their graves and coming out to inhabit their paintings and giving Trump the finger and say - You don't belong in this 'scared place' - the People's House.

Jeff Flake, senator from Arizona, currently giving a speech wherein he announces his decision to not seek reelection in 2018... & subsequently laying into POTUS.

I applaud Mr. Flake, but he again continues the disturbing trend: only those Republicans who don't have a seat to worry about are willing to tell the truth about our president.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, the R or the D behind the name has led to a lot of bad behavior - action and inaction - throughout the years. 

I was slapped in the face with this today.  I was in my office and overheard my father on the phone.  He was called by the Republican National Committee asking for a donation.  He spent 5 minutes expressing how he 100% supports Trump and how he's doing great things and how we finally have someone who is in Washington actually doing what he said he would do...bla bla bla.....

I just sat there shaking my head in amazement and disgust to what I was hearing.

That "R" behind his name holds so much power over people.

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I'm still a little ambivalent about him just retiring. I'm glad there are a handful of people in the GOP actually being vocal publicly & taking a stand on principle. The rest are cowards, IMO, who care more about their jobs than the decline of the country.

But I wish he'd have made a principled case for re-election. Run on what you believe in & don't kiss Trump's ring. Test case of whether people actually still support actual classical conservatism or whether conservatism is now fully synonymous with Trumpism. At least give the voters that option. Somebody said it best yesterday when they said make the voters face their decisions.

Trump now says he has "one of the great memories of all time" :facepalm:   There are so many things wrong with that statement, I don't even know where to start.

Psychologically sound people should see it plainly.  So I'll leave it at that. 

In related news Sarah Huckabee Sanders gave a detailed 10 point account as to why Trump has the greatest memory of all time.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/donald-trump-great-memory-all-time-condolence-call/2017/10/25/id/822067/

President Donald Trump again disputed the claim that he did not remember the name of Sgt. La David Johnson when he made the condolence call to his widow.

"They put a chart in front, La David. It says La David Johnson. So I got it right from the beginning, there was no hesitation, one of the great memories of all time," Trump said Wednesday at a press gathering, according to Mediaite.