Trump's America

zoogs

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Great....

so so here’s an idea. 

Let’s ignore ( or make worse) health care so people have a harder time getting it. 

Meanwhile, here’s your AR to go play with. 

Yeah. The problem with empty suits like Trump and Paul Ryan who pay lip service to mental health is they proceed to sit on their hands & do nothing until the issue dies down & hope that we don't notice. Good for them for sticking to their principles, I guess. It's just a stupid principle.

Oh, here's this quote again. Pretty consistent with my flowchart:

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, commando said:

if i recall correctly....trump reversed an obama EO that banned the sales of guns to mentally unstable people.   can someone who knows how t0 find stuff like this confirm this or correct my memory?

found it.  yes he did 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/28/trump-sign-bill-blocking-obama-gun-rule/98484106/

President Trump killed a regulation that would have tightened gun background checks Tuesday, signing a bill to undo one of his predecessor's executive actions following the San Bernardino shootings in 2015.

18 minutes ago, commando said:

if i recall correctly....trump reversed an obama EO that banned the sales of guns to mentally unstable people.   can someone who knows how t0 find stuff like this confirm this or correct my memory?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-signs-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221

President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.

• Plus1 1

I have started taking a totally different attitude towards these things when people bring them up by saying..."Oh, isn't it so sad....bla bla bla".

I simply say, "what do we expect to happen?  Nothing's going to change.  Why are you so upset about it if we aren't willing to do anything to change it?"

When they say..."What?"

I say...."Well, what has ever changed in America after one of these horrible incidents?"

They think for a while and then change the subject.

I'm tired of being upset about these events if America isn't willing to do anything to change it.

• Plus1 2

USA Today  slams Trump's leadership (or lack thereof), his unfittness for office, etc.  Below are a couple of quotes and it goes down hill from there in describing Trump's admin.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/11/08/year-later-trump-steers-nation-into-turbulence-editorials-debates/842659001/

So one year ago Wednesday, when Donald Trump was elected president, the Editorial Board hoped we were wrong to have declared him, in the campaign’s final weeks, unfit for the White House.

We hoped that Trump could, as he promised during the Republican primaries, become “more disciplined” and “so presidential, you will be so bored.”

One fifth of the way into Trump’s four-year term, however, it is glaringly and alarmingly apparent that he is incapable of any such pivot. He remains ill-equipped for the Oval Office, divisive in his conduct and contemptuous of constitutional values.

Well well well.

This was always a curious choice. You'd think there were qualified versions of conservative ideologues for Trump to line the federal judiciary with, so why him? Now, we know why. By the way, the Senators who gave this the green light:

Chuck Grassley
Orrin Hatch
John Cornyn
Ted Cruz
Jeff Flake
Thom Tillis
Lindsey Graham
Michael Lee
Ben Sasse
Mike Crapo
John Kennedy

Those brave souls, men of principle who stand up to Trump even when it's costly and inconvenient to them, eh?

• Plus1 1

Eric Trump Foundation skims some money off the top of what was supposed to be donations to a Saint Jude's Children Hospital....

to pay the Trump Foundation.

It should be noted this was done only AFTER his father installed people connected to the Trump Foundation finances to sit on the board of the ET Foundation.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/eric-trump-funneled-cancer-charity-money-to-his-business-report/2069561/

Remember when the Clinton Foundation was a corrupt money laundering operation?

Luckily Hannity and Rush are around to somehow tell us how this is all Hillary's fault.

Edited by dudeguyy
  • Plus1 1