Trump's America

zoogs

Trump is no fool. He's not intelligent -- he doesn't have knowledge or intellectual curiosity -- but he's not an idiot. He doesn't accidentally bumble his way into working towards a propaganda state. There's very clear-eyed, conscious intent behind all of this. We know it, and we know his goals, too. Yet at every turn, there are powerful appeasers. They will not succeed.

• Plus1 3

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/white-house-explains-donald-trump-212820753.html

Two articles - one following the other - Trump calls Sen Warren- "Pocahontas"  and  the attempt by his spokesperson Sanders - defending him or trying to.

I agree wt Warren on this.  He is a poor excuse of a leader when he has to constantly beat people down just to look good - this one coming from far right field and unprovoked - he has some mental issues for sure

Warren response:

Warren addressed Trump’s White House insult to the Native American marines.

“It is deeply unfortunate that the President of the United States cannot even make it though a ceremony honoring these heroes without having to throw out a racial slur,” Warren responded on air to a question from MSNBC.

“Donald Trump does this over and over thinking somehow he is going to shut me up with it. It hasn’t worked in the past; it is not going to work in the future,” she added.

• Plus1 2
46 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Proves once again we have a mental midget in the WH, a psychopathic nut case.    

I just got done reading the book "Truman" by David McCullough. What a great man, great president.  The decisions he had to make are beyond the burden any one man should be responsible to make. But he was a man of great character, respect and personal dignity.  A far cry from Trump.  It is a shame one like Trump should sit behind a desk that was occupied by so many great men. 

He does this not just to be mean, but to win the next election. And why not? Lying Ted, Lil Marco, Crooked Hillary, But Her Emails. All caught on, none had substance, and so his political foes were felled. Trump is betting that the media will help amplify his message, and they are, however unwittingly. As of now, Warren is viewed by his team as the most credible 2020 foe.

Trump is wagering that the public will not go for a goofy, hysterical woman who won’t shut up, and also that we’ll give enough passive credence to the old GOP claim that Warren lied about her ethnicity for personal gain to let this Pocahontas stuff gain traction.

He may be right. And if Warren is not the foe, the right will come up with something equally deplorable for whoever is. Bernie, Harris, Booker, you name them.

want to fight this? Demand discernment, think critically, don’t settle for the lazy takes. Elevate your own knowledge and understanding, and pass it along. Democracy dies in darkness.

I honestly can not figure out the world we live in right now. 

A). Tennessee votes in favor of Trump who is on tape admitting sexual assault and has over 16 women accuse him of sexual assault. 

B). Trump supports a politician from Alabama who is a pedifile and many people from his home town support the claim. 

C). Tennessee fans protest against a coach who happened to be on the same staff as a pedifile and the school is forced to back out of the contract. 

There red is no logic to any of this. 

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 2

The interpretations of the Tennessee thing that I've read make it sound like it was a football thing. I don't know, though. Football media is obviously highly respectful of Schiano, including (perhaps especially?) of his abilities as a coach. I can understand caution for anyone even loosely connected to the public knowledge of the Sandusky scandal, and I'm not sure it's a slam dunk case that "TEN fans just wanted Gruden" is the accurate assessment. 

But, maybe it is. It makes a lot of sense to me that all moral standards drop out sometimes when there are things you hate more. I mean, imagine if Gruden were the one with Schiano's overlap at Penn State. The logic is there, it's just not pretty: invent reasons to discredit those we don't like a priori.

--

Felons are created by the justice system. Who we charge, who we convict, and how we classify their crimes: the disenfranchising kind, or not. Alabama's Republican governor signed the law in question here this year. As it turns out, crimes that were considered crimes "of moral turpitude" were disenfranchising, but it was unclear what was wicked enough. The law defined the lines clearly, "to ensure that no one is wrongly excluded from the electoral franchise." (http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/alison/searchableinstruments/2017RS/bills/HB282.htm) In sum, what Judge Roy Moore hates is democracy, in the very specific sense that black people who should be allowed to vote are allowed to vote. I guess that's what we call being "tough on crime". 

To be clear, "tough on crime" has always meant "let the weight of the state bear down on black people." Roy Moore is now leading the race for a U.S. Senate seat.

Edited by zoogs