Trump's America

zoogs

14 minutes ago, commando said:

can you believe this?

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/21/trump-census-pick-causes-alarm-252571

The Trump administration is leaning toward naming Thomas Brunell, a Texas professor with no government experience, to the top operational job at the U.S. Census Bureau, according to two people who have been briefed on the bureau’s plans.

Brunell, a political science professor, has testified more than half a dozen times on behalf of Republican efforts to redraw congressional districts, and is the author of a 2008 book titled “Redistricting and Representation: Why Competitive Elections Are Bad for America.”

Wow....I was sitting here reading this and just sort of half paying attention to what I was reading.......then I got to the bolded part.

WTF????

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But cheer on and laugh when their President flat out says he doesn't respect POWs because they got caught.

I know, right?

Like I said, the cultural issues (or culture wars, if you prefer) are SO powerful, they don't even realize the cognitive dissonance involved here.

Doesn't even register when their side does it. Tribalism is a hell of a drug, man.

26 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

If Dems and groups that care about a fair democracy don't fight this tooth and nail in courts with everything they've got, they'll have peed away another decade worth of an opportunity for fairer representation.

the courts that trump is filling with unqualified judges that are right wing bloggers?   better get it in while some qualified judges are still there.

5 minutes ago, commando said:

the courts that trump is filling with unqualified judges that are right wing bloggers?   better get it in while some qualified judges are still there.

This specific point makes me want to scream endlessly into the void. 

Trump filling tons of judicial vacancies, that the Turtle worked for years to try to hold open for him, means he's a stain on our country that isn't going away for a long, long time.

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, commando said:

the trump blueprint for america?  or at least the alt right blueprint?

ONZnyXZhTrCr6AKg2sciVA.png

All of these are currently happening, to some degree.

#1/#2 should need no explanation.

#3: Hate crimes (or at the very least open, full-throated bigotry) are up in Trump's America.

#4: See the full on sycophancy and utter propaganda that is Fox News. More importantly, Sinclair Broadcasting's acquisitions (aided by Trump FCC Chief and comic-book villain hellbent on destroying Net Neutrality Ajit Pai) to expand from 38 to 72 percent of local news networks. Sinclair requires Trump-fluffing pro-conservative segments be run on local TV news. They've got a long history of requiring pro-conservative segments and refusing stuff that makes conservatives look bad.

For instance, they tried to mandate segments criticizing both John Kerry and Barack Obama prior to their respective elections (on the day before the election for Obama, no less!), refusing to air audio in Montana of congressman (then candidate) Greg Gianforte assaulting Guardian reporter Ben Jacobs for... asking him a question about healthcare & cut a deal with the Trump campaign to provide "straighter coverage" for his campaign (and then hired campaign/administration flunky Boris Epshteyn, then had its executive chair meet with Pai prior to his being named head FCC villain, and then got a sweet ruling from the Trump FCC on it's merger... hmmm.)

This one is perhaps the most insidious, because a lot of people assume local news is without a partisan bent. But they will be exposed to more Trump propaganda featuring Epshteyn at the local level without even realizing it's an agenda. Pai played into this by dusting off an obsolete loophole to allow Sinclair to acquire networks above the Congressionally-capped level of 39 percent of homes up to a massive 72 percent.

Basically, this Sinclair expansion stinks to high hell and should concern you. Corporate cronyism at its finest.

#5 is basically a toned up, more aggressive version of Mike Pence. Concentration camps are fairly analogous to conversion therapy.

• Plus1 2
17 hours ago, dudeguyy said:

All of these are currently happening, to some degree.

#1/#2 should need no explanation.

#3: Hate crimes (or at the very least open, full-throated bigotry) are up in Trump's America.

#4: See the full on sycophancy and utter propaganda that is Fox News. More importantly, Sinclair Broadcasting's acquisitions (aided by Trump FCC Chief and comic-book villain hellbent on destroying Net Neutrality Ajit Pai) to expand from 38 to 72 percent of local news networks. Sinclair requires Trump-fluffing pro-conservative segments be run on local TV news. They've got a long history of requiring pro-conservative segments and refusing stuff that makes conservatives look bad.

For instance, they tried to mandate segments criticizing both John Kerry and Barack Obama prior to their respective elections (on the day before the election for Obama, no less!), refusing to air audio in Montana of congressman (then candidate) Greg Gianforte assaulting Guardian reporter Ben Jacobs for... asking him a question about healthcare & cut a deal with the Trump campaign to provide "straighter coverage" for his campaign (and then hired campaign/administration flunky Boris Epshteyn, then had its executive chair meet with Pai prior to his being named head FCC villain, and then got a sweet ruling from the Trump FCC on it's merger... hmmm.)

This one is perhaps the most insidious, because a lot of people assume local news is without a partisan bent. But they will be exposed to more Trump propaganda featuring Epshteyn at the local level without even realizing it's an agenda. Pai played into this by dusting off an obsolete loophole to allow Sinclair to acquire networks above the Congressionally-capped level of 39 percent of homes up to a massive 72 percent.

Basically, this Sinclair expansion stinks to high hell and should concern you. Corporate cronyism at its finest.

#5 is basically a toned up, more aggressive version of Mike Pence. Concentration camps are fairly analogous to conversion therapy.

Right after the election there was a lot of talk about Trump being the next Hitler. I voted for Hillary so I didn't want Trump to win, but I pushed that aside as hyperbole and wanted to give Trump a chance to be our President. As time as gone on I see why people were so concerned. I was watching a Netflix documentary about the Trump family last night and they talked about how Fred Trump (Donalds father) told his children about a master race or class that is better than everyone and should rule the world. Trump took this to heart. Very scary to think about. It's a great documentary if you want an inside view on how Trump got to this point. 

• Plus1 1