Trump's America

zoogs

On 12/14/2017 at 7:48 AM, ZRod said:

The disapproval numbers are nice to look at, but does it really mean that much when so many are entrenched to vote along party lines?

It's more than this, in my view. There is great personal satisfaction in disapproval, especially in expressing it (think of the "phone poll respondents say they won't vote for [Trump/Moore] out of embarrassment, then they do" phenomenon, too). That has to be connected to action, and here we falter and splinter.

A population this clear-eyed and educated about what Trump is and the threat he poses, not just to good policy but to our fundamental conception of freedom and rule of law, ... you'd think every election would be a slam dunk. Until, at minimum, these guys are out. And then we can squabble about other differences, which are good debates to have. Yet it's not a slam dunk. Because we're not so clear-eyed after all.

But I think we can work to get there. 

On 12/15/2017 at 0:28 PM, commando said:

not sure which thread to post in...but what happens when trump tries or does fire meuller?   will it lead to civil war?   will elements of the government take over and get trump the eff out of office?   or will we live peacefully under our dear leader?

The folks at Indivisible and other RESIST typefrouos envision something like what happened in romania.  Protests in the street - business shutting down, folks not going to work.  Id like to think we can get some momentum with something that dramatic - its going to take something of a scale never seen in the US, and its neccessary.  He’s got to be stopped.  He is quickly turning himself into a monarch.  If our elected representatives will do nothing then the public has to step up however we can.  

The hate is strong in this thread. I see many are in here are separatist. The problem with this country is the establishment from both sides, they don't like Trump coming in and making changes to their safe cushy world. I 100% agree with his deregulation, but he also does a lot of really stupid things.

Both sides do not care about the people, they care about money, they care about the control they are extending over the people.

Make no mistake, every person is different, every person has different abilities and strengths. Trying to implement equality across socio-ecomonic groups is a farce. It is about taking control from the people by the people, and giving it to the government. Mob rule takes the voice away from each person, and gives it to mob rule mentality. Your voice no longer matters.

Anyway, this is the ONLY post I will make in this forum.. to much BS.

6 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

The hate is strong in this thread. I see many are in here are separatist. The problem with this country is the establishment from both sides, they don't like Trump coming in and making changes to their safe cushy world. I 100% agree with his deregulation, but he also does a lot of really stupid things.

Both sides do not care about the people, they care about money, they care about the control they are extending over the people.

Make no mistake, every person is different, every person has different abilities and strengths. Trying to implement equality across socio-ecomonic groups is a farce. It is about taking control from the people by the people, and giving it to the government. Mob rule takes the voice away from each person, and gives it to mob rule mentality. Your voice no longer matters.

Anyway, this is the ONLY post I will make in this forum.. to much BS.

i think you will find that most of us are not either far right or far left.  both positions are nuts.   but damn....trump is as whack-a-doodle as this country has ever had and what he is doing in many areas is treasonous.   to bury our heads to what he is doing is to enable him and his handlers.   i may not be out there with a gun taking shots at people...but this country does still promote freedom to speak my mind about the nutcase in chief.  I believe it may not be that way much longer if donnie keeps getting his way.

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, commando said:

i think you will find that most of us are not either far right or far left.  both positions are nuts.   but damn....trump is as whack-a-doodle as this country has ever had and what he is doing in many areas is treasonous.   to bury our heads to what he is doing is to enable him and his handlers.   i may not be out there with a gun taking shots at people...but this country does still promote freedom to speak my mind about the nutcase in chief.  I believe it may not be that way much longer if donnie keeps getting his way.

Damn it, I said that was my only post but I have to reply to this..  No it isn't, not even close and this is exactly what I am talking about. it maybe considered treasonous to the establishment, but not according to the constitution.

Ok, gone.

Edited by Bornhusker

31 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I call BS on part of this.  He has said we are supposed to support and respect law enforcement.  So....I'm sure he has done nothing to disrespect them.  He holds them to the highest regard.

He's lied repeatedly about FBI morale under James Comey to justify firing him.

He continues to suggest the FBI is infested with bias and its objectivity is compromised, without evidence.

He bragged about his electoral vote in front of a wall honoring fallen CIA agents. 

He screwed up a phone call with the grieving widow of a veteran so badly he made her feel worse. He then attacked her character on Twitter.

Trump plays up his reverence for law enforcement and the vets when it's expedient. He throws them under the bus when that serves him better.

• Plus1 7