Trump's America

zoogs

36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I call BS on part of this.  He has said we are supposed to support and respect law enforcement.  So....I'm sure he has done nothing to disrespect them.  He holds them to the highest regard.

Trump has repeatedly ripped the FBI which I believe is considered to be the law enforcement Garry referred to. 

3 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

He's lied repeatedly about FBI morale under James Comey to justify firing him.

He continues to suggest the FBI is infested with bias and its objectivity is compromised, without evidence.

He bragged about his electoral vote in front of a wall honoring fallen CIA agents. 

He screwed up a phone call with the grieving widow of a veteran so badly he made her feel worse. He then attacked her character on Twitter.

Trump plays up his reverence for law enforcement and the vets when it's expedient. He throws them under the bus when that serves him better.

1 minute ago, Fru said:

Trump has repeatedly ripped the FBI which I believe is considered to be the law enforcement Garry referred to. 

:sarcasm

58 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

What is sad about that federal judge is he's UVA educated, a top-5 law school. They must be so proud.

I'm sure the guy is very smart and very good at what he has been doing since graduating from UVA.  I'm sure he will be very successful at what he ends up doing.  He just doesn't have any of the work experience needed for this job.  He clearly was nominated because of something other than....actually having experience working within the system he would be a federal judge in.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm sure the guy is very smart and very good at what he has been doing since graduating from UVA.  I'm sure he will be very successful at what he ends up doing.  He just doesn't have any of the work experience needed for this job.  He clearly was nominated because of something other than....actually having experience working within the system he would be a federal judge in.

Oh, I don’t disagree. I was more just thinking the school was like, ah s#!t this is awkward. But it’d be like asking a foot doctor to come be an expert on neurological issues. 

Edit: looks like he spent a lot of time on the Federal Elections Commission, which serves a financing counsel for elections. Not sure how much overlap there is, still think he probably should’ve been able to answer some questions. Honestly, he might have just had a brain fart or anxiety. 

Edited by HuskerNBigD

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

The Trump era will prove to be a Pyrrhic victory. They may have their short-term "wins," but they are completely destroying the GOP brand to do so. They're going to wake up someday and be left with only the Trumpers left. 

It's a particularly hazardous time to do so, ahead of redistricting in 2020 and when the Millennials are poised to become the dominant voting bloc in the country. Trump's presidency is going to poison the Millennial well for the GOP. It will be like Bush 43 on steroids.

• Plus1 1

Trump to the media: "You need the prayer more than I do."

How did this idiot trick so many Christians?

This is one of the most un-Christian statements a person could make. He has no understanding of the fundamentals of the religion he pretends to follow, or probably any religion for that matter.

• Plus1 1