Trump's America

zoogs

8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Trump now says he has "one of the great memories of all time" :facepalm:   There are so many things wrong with that statement, I don't even know where to start.

I honestly don't understand his constant need to be so grandiose about his abilities.  The guy is so delusional.

The sad thing is, his worshipers just lap it up and probably believe this drivel. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I honestly don't understand his constant need to be so grandiose about his abilities.  The guy is so delusional.

The sad thing is, his worshipers just lap it up and probably believe this drivel. 

His Grandiose could lead us to disaster.   Delusional = Amendment 25, Article 4 :dunno

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

His Grandiose could lead us to disaster.   Delusional = Amendment 25, Article 4 :dunno

I completely agree.  However, I'm very seriously concerned about the reaction from his worshipers if that happens.  

If he would all of a sudden be kicked out of the White House because of Amendment 25, there quite possibly will be civil war in this country.  And, that isn't exaggerating.  

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I completely agree.  However, I'm very seriously concerned about the reaction from his worshipers if that happens.  

If he would all of a sudden be kicked out of the White House because of Amendment 25, there quite possibly will be civil war in this country.  And, that isn't exaggerating.  

I'm not sure his most strident supporters (i.e. the ones that would wage civil war) are all that numerous - I think they are just really loud. And if the Republicans stripped that R from next to his name, how many would follow their party as they always have vs defecting to Trump?

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm not sure his most strident supporters (i.e. the ones that would wage civil war) are all that numerous - I think they are just really loud. And if the Republicans stripped that R from next to his name, how many would follow their party as they always have vs defecting to Trump?

Seems to me there are two tribes in the GOP right now. The old blood - people that actually identify as Republicans - vs. the Trump true believers.

If the latter tried to stage some kind of uprising urged on by their leader, they'd likely be squelched pretty quickly while the rest of the country watched horrified. I don't even think all of the Trumpists would participate... only the hardest of the hardcores. But it wouldn't be pretty, regardless. They're all already aggrieved and angry now, before anything has happened, and some of them seem legitimately mentally unstable. We all know how they feel about the 2nd Amendment.

39 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You have more faith in the Republican base than I do.  Living here in central Nebraska, I think half my friends would pick up arms to fight for the idiot.  (partially exaggerating....but not much).  

It just absolutely baffles me when i talk to people about him and when I mention that I think the guy is a loony toon idiot, they just about jump out of their skin in surprise that ANYONE would think that.

The bigger problem is that he is slowly convincing everyone that you can't believe the media and anyone who goes against what he wants is the enemy of the state.

THAT is a very scary scenario.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes,  I have family members who are surprise I'm not all "in" for Trump esp wt my long term conservative republican back ground. I remind them that Trump is neither conservative nor republican in his core.  He is opportunistic at his core. If Hillary had not run on the Dem side, Trump may have ran as a Dem.  He'd just change his colors as he has no core values.

• Plus1 2

Trump flaked on the JFK files. Lol.

For someone who is so strong, with such a good brain, and one of the all-time great memories, he sure does seem to buckle under pressure pretty easily. Seriously, for a guy who campaigned on being so decisive and not beholden to any political establishment, he sure does let said establishment affect a lot of his decision making.

• Plus1 1

^Weren't those files scheduled to be released? In which case it's fairly irresponsible to latch on to the claim that Trump himself is magnanimously "ordering" their release. And even if so, he shouldn't get the kind of credit he wants for it. Welcome to the Entertainment Presidency. Are you all not transfixed?!

9 hours ago, zoogs said:

^Weren't those files scheduled to be released? In which case it's fairly irresponsible to latch on to the claim that Trump himself is magnanimously "ordering" their release. And even if so, he shouldn't get the kind of credit he wants for it. Welcome to the Entertainment Presidency. Are you all not transfixed?!

Yes, Bush signed a law that was to release them.

President George H.W. Bush signed a law on Oct. 26, 1992, requiring that all documents related to the assassination be released within 25 years, unless the president says doing so would harm intelligence, law enforcement, military operations or foreign relations. The push for transparency was driven in part by the uproar in the wake of Oliver Stone's 1991 conspiracy-theory filled film "JFK."

http://abc13.com/society/what-are-the-jfk-files/2573846/

11 hours ago, zoogs said:

My point was that he was trying to trumpet it on Twitter as some great accomplishment of his to decide to let it go ahead, and in the end, he still caved to pressure & blocked some of the files.