Trump's America

zoogs

On 6/17/2018 at 5:48 PM, Ric Flair said:

As with Reagan, we seem to be better served with an actor than with a professional politician.

Ric, don't even begin to compare him to Reagan  --He's tried to hijack Reagan's conservative mantle but Reagan would be disgusted wt the guy.  I think we need to go back to Senator Benson's famous words  in the 1988 VP debate - changing it up a bit:  "I knew President Reagan, I worked with President Reagan, and Trump is no President Reagan." 

• Plus1 5
2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Ric, don't even begin to compare him to Reagan  --He's tried to hijack Reagan's conservative mantle but Reagan would be disgusted wt the guy.  I think we need to go back to Senator Benson's famous words  in the 1988 VP debate - changing it up a bit:  "I knew President Reagan, I worked with President Reagan, and Trump is no President Reagan." 

Reagan would not be a Republican today.

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Reagan would not be a Republican today.

Yes, I think he would have started a 3rd party by now - seeing the Dems as too far left and Repubs becoming alt right -   Reagan would not 'lead' by disengagement like Trump has done so many times. 

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

My bigger issue with his quote is actually trying to make people think he's not part of the "elite" crowd.  He's friggen one of the richest people in the country.  If you question that...just ask him.  He'll tell you constantly.  He lives one of the most luxurious lives of anyone.  He has built his entire persona around being rich and elite.

Now...those other people are "elite" and he's not?

The man is a total joke....and not a funny one.

The greatest irony is that Trump is somehow supposed to represent the blue collar every man. Yet, Obama who came from a single parent household, and as far as I can tell was middle class until he was in the US Senate, was hated by the blue collar community.

• Plus1 2

30 minutes ago, ZRod said:

The greatest irony is that Trump is somehow supposed to represent the blue collar every man. Yet, Obama who came from a single parent household, and as far as I can tell was middle class until he was in the US Senate, was hated by the blue collar community.

This has entered my mind many times.

Maybe Obama sounds snooty because he knows more than 15 words.

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm really not comfortable with this.  I feel like these statements are extremely irresponsible.  She has no clue what loony toon idiot she is going to motivate to do something bad.

Appears to be working.  I don't agree with it either.    Sarah Sanders was asked to leave a restaurant because she works for the administration.  So the   restaurant can refuse

her service but yet the same people who would back the restaurant's decision will cry discrimination in the cake decorator case.  Seems like they are trying to 'eat their cake and have it too".  :dunno  So will we have a new 'color' code? Instead of 'whites' and 'blacks' we will serve or not serve based on political persuasion.   As Michael Jordon once said when asked why he doesn't speak out politically "Republicans buy shoes also."   This country is getting too fractured - race, sexual orientation, political views, etc, etc.  I don't defend any thing Sanders has said in defending Trump, but I do defend her right to be served just like everyone else.  There was no disturbance and by all accounts her group created no issues.  She left without protest also.    The article states that the staff wasn't comfortable. Sorry snowflake but you need to grow up and be a bit more tolerant and realize that the world is full of a lot of people who hold different values/beliefs than your precious ones.  In my work, I deal with a lot of people from the Middle East - I suspect that my beliefs and values are much different than theirs but it isn't a block to doing business and respecting them as persons. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/needs-paint-job-trump-blasts-virginia-restaurant-asking-sarah-sanders-leave-130000156.html

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

yet the same people who would back the restaurant's decision will cry discrimination in the cake decorator case

We're all educated enough to understand how a person is or isn't part of a protected class. Let's not pretend this is some radical concept.

Nobody has a "right to be served."  A business owner can refuse service to anyone not in a protected class at their discretion.

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Sorry snowflake but you need to grow up and be a bit more tolerant and realize that the world is full of a lot of people who hold different values/beliefs than your precious ones. 

Nice. 

• Plus1 1

I don't particularly care if a business owner decides a trump administration official isn't welcome.  It gives them a taste of the agenda they push for others and the divisiveness they play to in order to rile up Trump's base.  They should be held accountable for what they do and the policies they push.

24 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

True - protected class is an different issue and I drew the wrong connection - I just don't like the idea of someone not being served for purely political reasons. 

This was less to do with political reasons, and almost everything to do with ethical and moral reasons.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm really not comfortable with this.  I feel like these statements are extremely irresponsible.  She has no clue what loony toon idiot she is going to motivate to do something bad.

The House has a lot or crazies. I agree this is a bad, bad idea.

15 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I feel like the qualifications to be in the house are less than those to be hired at McDonald's. Not that there's anything wrong with McDonald's.

I think you quoted the wrong post. But this is something I've been noticing for years now. I think as the district demographics have gotten more extreme, the candidates have lost more of the requirement to try to reach moderate voters. So you get more candidates and winners that are on the extremes.

And in my opinion you can't be smart and at the same time be gungho in support of every last thing one of the 2 political parties does.