Trump's America

zoogs

In my opinion, Anthony Hopkins is the most talented actor on Earth. He has unlimited range and is believable in any role.

Jeff Daniels is also woefully underrated. He played Col. Chamberlain in Gettysburg, was hilarious in Dumb & Dumber, killed it in The Newsroom, and is amazing in Godless...which I just started watching. 

32 minutes ago, commando said:

trumps america thread has devolved into talking about actors.   fitting i guess since we have a guy who thinks he is acting like a president in the white house now.

As with Reagan, we seem to be better served with an actor than with a professional politician.

I am not a fan of Colbert, but this segment he got from FoxNews is disturbing...

Go to about the 2:35 second mark and hear Trump, unsolicited, give a murderous dictator the kind of praise and propaganda win that would make any other despot jealous.  Then, listen to Trump say he wants "his people" to jump to attention just like Un's "people" do.  Truly disgusting.

• Plus1 2
14 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

:facepalm:

He's actually making a good point in between the dishonest & the petty gloating.

If anyone can explain to me how an utter rube like Donald Trump ascended to the highest echelon of social classes, I'd love to know. The guy is an absolute testament to starting out with a giant headstart and repeatedly failing upward.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Clifford Franklin said:

If anyone can explain to me how an utter rube like Donald Trump ascended to the highest echelon of social classes, I'd love to know.

Я мог бы вам сказать, но тогда я должен был бы убить вас.

• Plus1 3

16 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

He's actually making a good point in between the dishonest & the petty gloating.

If anyone can explain to me how an utter rube like Donald Trump ascended to the highest echelon of social classes, I'd love to know. The guy is an absolute testament to starting out with a giant headstart and repeatedly failing upward.

My bigger issue with his quote is actually trying to make people think he's not part of the "elite" crowd.  He's friggen one of the richest people in the country.  If you question that...just ask him.  He'll tell you constantly.  He lives one of the most luxurious lives of anyone.  He has built his entire persona around being rich and elite.

Now...those other people are "elite" and he's not?

The man is a total joke....and not a funny one.

• Plus1 2

Trump ranted and raved with unusual bitterness this night. It’s clear that on this, the evening after he was forced to back down from his new policy to have some migrant children removed from their parents detained at the border, he was feeling besieged. It led to forced jollity — “Is there anything more fun than a Trump rally?” he asked — and there was a strained quality to his unceasing self-promotion. Toward the end, he interrupted his own thoughts to bellow, “It’s the greatest phrase, I think, in the history of American politics: Make America great again!” It was a clear case of a man trying to convince himself that things aren’t as bad as they seem.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

This s#!t is ridiculous

db51c4f94f58e8b0d8765abb05af782b

And when I refer to “his side,” I of course include Fox News, which was airing the rally. Indeed, it was the only cable news outlet to do so, and Fox really wanted you to know it. The channel put this unusual chyron onscreen beneath Trump: “Trump Rally Live & Only on Fox News. Other Networks Ignore Presidential Rally.” I’ll give you the rough translation of that: “Fearless leader speaks: State television must broadcast.”

• Plus1 2
33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

My bigger issue with his quote is actually trying to make people think he's not part of the "elite" crowd.  He's friggen one of the richest people in the country.  If you question that...just ask him.  He'll tell you constantly.  He lives one of the most luxurious lives of anyone.  He has built his entire persona around being rich and elite.

Now...those other people are "elite" and he's not?

The man is a total joke....and not a funny one.

It's a huge part of a reason I've taken to calling the hardcore Trumpers "Rube Nation."