Trump's America

zoogs

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....we aren't supposed to care what our President says?

You can care about whatever you like.

I couldn't tell you a dozen things that any president in my life time has said, and I'm pushing 50.

The things I worry about are enjoyment in life and being the best service provider my customer base has in their rolodex.

What Donald Trump is tweeting about someone else falls in my "Do Not Care" list.

4 minutes ago, TheSker said:

You can care about whatever you like.

I couldn't tell you a dozen things that any president in my life time has said, and I'm pushing 50.

The things I worry about are enjoyment in life and being the best service provider my customer base has in their rolodex.

What Donald Trump is tweeting about someone else falls in my "Do Not Care" list.

I guess we could go back to being outraged because Obama had the audacity to wear a brown suit.

• Plus1 2

greed rules

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/08/health/world-health-breastfeeding-ecuador-trump.html

A resolution to encourage breast-feeding was expected to be approved quickly and easily by the hundreds of government delegates who gathered this spring in Geneva for the United Nations-affiliated World Health Assembly.

Based on decades of research, the resolution says that mother’s milk is healthiest for children and countries should strive to limit the inaccurate or misleading marketing of breast milk substitutes.

Then the United States delegation, embracing the interests of infant formula manufacturers, upended the deliberations.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, commando said:

greed rules

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/08/health/world-health-breastfeeding-ecuador-trump.html

A resolution to encourage breast-feeding was expected to be approved quickly and easily by the hundreds of government delegates who gathered this spring in Geneva for the United Nations-affiliated World Health Assembly.

Based on decades of research, the resolution says that mother’s milk is healthiest for children and countries should strive to limit the inaccurate or misleading marketing of breast milk substitutes.

Then the United States delegation, embracing the interests of infant formula manufacturers, upended the deliberations.

The cartoon villains strike again.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, commando said:

greed rules

Was talking to my wife about this tonight.  She is a NICU nurse and has attended many several feeding conferences herself and routinely works with lactation consultants.  She says this is an "old" conversation that has finally had a spotlight put onto it.  Apparently, the consensus among the "breast feeding professionals" isn't about greed from the formula companies like Similac, but higher up.  The thought is that the U.S. would rather have women feel comfortable returning to work and not breast feeding if they feel formula is an equal (if not better) alternative.  If women were told that breast feeding is healthier, they might want something like 12 month maternity leave.  WIC checks paying for formula is an investment in not expanding paid maternity leave.

• Plus1 1