Trump's America

zoogs

From December 2016.

LINK

Donald Trump on Tuesday called for the cancellation of a Defense Department contract with Boeing to build the next generation of presidential aircraft, decrying the deal as too expensive.

“Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!” the president-elect wrote on Twitter.

“The plane is totally out of control. It’s going to be over $4 billion for Air Force One program and I think it’s ridiculous," Trump elaborated in brief comments to reporters at Trump Tower. "I think Boeing is doing a little bit of a number. We want Boeing to make a lot of money, but not that much money.”

:dunno

• Plus1 1

58 minutes ago, GSG said:

I didn't know where to put this s#!t

EtqGMw.gif

In a lot of ways this is a metaphor for our politics right now. 

They say Donald Trump is a poor person's idea of a rich person.

In the same way, there are far too many people who only care about projecting the image of a good president and presidency. Their idea of that, at least. This is meant to placate those types. People who think we've got to have the newest & flashiest transportation to befit such a great man doing business on behalf of the U.S. around the world. Of course, Trump just wants it so he can live in the utmost comfort. It's a sad byproduct of electing a reality TV president - people want reality TV things.

Yesterday, I heard on the radio the federal government stopped funding an evidence-based guideline database for doctors and other healthcare professionals. It cost $1.2M annually. That's a tiny fraction of what this AFO upgrade will cost. It's likely less than the cost of one golf trip for him. 

Our priorities are screwed up at the moment. A higher emphasis is put on Trump trying to live like a king than providing good medicine to people.

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Yesterday, I heard on the radio the federal government stopped funding an evidence-based guideline database for doctors and other healthcare professionals. It cost $1.2M annually. That's a tiny fraction of what this AFO upgrade will cost. It's likely less than the cost of one golf trip for him. 

I saw this also and marked it up as one more thing that makes no sense.

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yeah. Hey. Don't do this. Vandalism like this, or smashing in the window of a local political office isn't going to accomplish anything.

These stars are like $40k or $30k or something. There'll be surveillance video of this, and I hope the idiot who did it pays for a replacement.

You’re correct that this accomplished nothing. But it’s the second time it’s been destroyed, they don’t have to replace it.