Repealing the ACA under Trump

Unaffordable for whom?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jun/23/jeb-bush/jeb-bush-obama-caused-massive-tax-increase-middle-/

"Almost certainly, yes, taxes have gone up for lower- and middle-income people," said Roberton Williams, a fellow with the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center. "But have they gone up a lot? Probably not."

"I certainly agree Obamacare has increased taxes on the middle class," said University of California Los Angeles law professor Eric Zold. "But it is not clear that the middle class as a group are not better off by the combination of Obamacare costs and benefits."

"It's fair to say that under Obama, for the most part, taxes have decreased for lower-income people and increased for upper-income people", Williams said. "And it's a mixed bag for the middle class."

It's nice that we are all concerned with the relative and marginal tax burdens of the financially secure -- but again, priorities.

Unaffordable for whom?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jun/23/jeb-bush/jeb-bush-obama-caused-massive-tax-increase-middle-/

"Almost certainly, yes, taxes have gone up for lower- and middle-income people," said Roberton Williams, a fellow with the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center. "But have they gone up a lot? Probably not."

"I certainly agree Obamacare has increased taxes on the middle class," said University of California Los Angeles law professor Eric Zold. "But it is not clear that the middle class as a group are not better off by the combination of Obamacare costs and benefits."

"It's fair to say that under Obama, for the most part, taxes have decreased for lower-income people and increased for upper-income people", Williams said. "And it's a mixed bag for the middle class."

It's nice that we are all concerned with the relative and marginal tax burdens of the financially secure -- but again, priorities.

i never said nething about taxes. if obama wanted to force healthcare on everyone he should have ensured the bastards woulndt inflate the rates to the point its unafordable. and mixed bag is an interesting way of putting it. one year my return was a thousand back and the next it was a thousand in and nothing changed. mixed bag my fanny. it hurt the middle class in more than just taxes.

Great article, BRB.

The good news is that the GOP’s healthcare debacle shows that this is palatable to an extremely small number of Americans. Most of us can accept that some people can’t buy a 5,000 square foot house or own four cars. But when they’re face to face with it, almost everyone recoils from a system in which those without enough money can’t afford life.

It's a very perverse definition of 'freedom' that has gripped some of these pols. What's too bad is that we really had to come face to face with it. Such is the sway of this ideology.

So I'm supposed to be happy that this supposed "extremely small number" of people that are being bled dry by forced healthcare at uber inflated rates is such a small sample size? Well, I'm part of that "extremely small number". Not a fan.

I like having halthcare (since our government decided long ago that healthcare is a luxury not a right like Canada). But I don't like paying more for it than my house. At that rate, what good is it? Oh, that's right. If I don't have it I can pay even more money back to the government via penalties. Thanks government!

So I'm supposed to be happy that this supposed "extremely small number" of people that are being bled dry by forced healthcare at uber inflated rates is such a small sample size? Well, I'm part of that "extremely small number". Not a fan.

I like having halthcare (since our government decided long ago that healthcare is a luxury not a right like Canada). But I don't like paying more for it than my house. At that rate, what good is it? Oh, that's right. If I don't have it I can pay even more money back to the government via penalties. Thanks government!

I think everyone not only likes, but needs health insurance. How do we make it affordable in a world where people don't have to have it, companies don't have to cover everyone, and the government plays a minimal role?

I think everyone not only likes, but needs health insurance. How do we make it affordable in a world where people don't have to have it, companies don't have to cover everyone, and the government plays a minimal role?

a) It was more affordable when it wasn't forced, weird!

b) ask Canada

Healthcare is great. Healthcare INSURANCE is a crock of sh#t.

b) ask Canada

In this very thread BRB posted a chart showing the rate of increase did not go up with ACA.

So ya, it was "more affordable when it wasn't forced" but that was already the trend.

Unfortunately the bill is named the Affordable Care Act and it only became that for the poorest. I'm fine with that but the name isn't accurate for everyone.

b) ask Canada

In this very thread BRB posted a chart showing the rate of increase did not go up with ACA.

So ya, it was "more affordable when it wasn't forced" but that was already the trend.

Unfortunately the bill is named the Affordable Care Act and it only became that for the poorest. I'm fine with that but the name isn't accurate for everyone.

Are you completely ignoring the rest of the graph?

Please tell me how the ACA affected healthcare costs around the world that have the same shape of graph after the ACA was enacted.