Repealing the ACA under Trump

Please - take 5 mins to examine this and make a call to your rep.

Check out what Trumpcare means for you & your friends/family. The link below allows you to view by state to see details. If it's not palatable call your HoC's! Contact info is right there with your state data.

Just because you have coverage through your employer doesn't mean you're safe. Preexisting condition coverage is an issue - you can be charged more, and if you have a gap in coverage you will really get stuck. If you are older you will pay more. If you are a woman you'll pay more. There will be lifetime caps for all (medicaid, medicare and private insurance - so don't get one of those pesky illnesses that last a lifetime). Special education gets cut in schools. Take two mins to review and contact your rep to tell them how this impacts you.

The senate is attempting to pass this through without public viewing of the bill or debate/discussion. The calls and communication to their offices has waned (possible because of all the other bs going on with the administration? Regardless, they're using the distractions to push this through.) There's a reason they're limiting the information shared with us. The only people who benefit from this are the wealthy and big businesses.

https://www.indivisibleguide.com/resource/impact-of-trumpcare-by-state/

More on what NM is talking about:

Sorry for the NSFW language. If you're OK with this bill passage process, please speak up, because I'd like to know who you actually are. The GOP is guilty of every single accusation they foisted upon those who created and passed the ACA, and to a much, much worse degree.

• Fire 6

The ACA is in real danger:

https://www.vox.com/health-care/2017/6/12/15771872/obamacare-is-in-real-danger

In other words: The emerging bill looks a whole lot like the unpopular bill the House passed last month. It creates the same group of winners (high-income, healthier people) and the same group of losers (low-income, sicker people).

The Republican plan is coming together because moderate senators are beginning to drop some of their initial repeal objections. Sens. Rob Portman (R-OH) and Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV), for example, now back a plan to end the Medicaid expansion.

"Moderate" Republicans.

I wonder how much of that 2 billion was to an actual legitimate need.

gofundme is the type of thing lots of Republicans want. Let people decide whether to be charitable and who to give that $ to instead of forcing them to do so through taxes.

And questioning whether people actually need the help is why that system probably wouldn't work. E.g. I don't give $ to people who ask me on the street but I help friends that I know. I think most gofundme things are people posting it to their FB friends.

• Fire 2