Repealing the ACA under Trump

They are emboldened, aren't they?

Wisconsin is gerrymandered to all f#*@town.

It's that environment that led to Walker being in charged, it and it's what has allowed him to pass his conservative agenda without constraints. The snowball gets rolling, they get more numbers, they do their best to game the system in their favor by implementing voting procedures that benefit them (i.e., voter suppression).... the cycle repeats itself.

Eventually, this is an existential threat to having a fair representative democracy that we're going to have to deal with. Whitford v. Gill can't come soon enough.

The Senate isn't expected to work on their side of this for many months, in part to gauge the fallout from the House's actions. They're more worried about keeping their jobs than actually governing, so we have to wait.

So far, it doesn't appear that House Republicans are being warmly received over their vote.

• Fire 1

Something has been puzzling me since this morning. I was listening to the Senator that was on Jimmy Kimmel last night. He as on CNN. (Yes, that horrible leftists fake news)

He repeated a statistic that he said on the Kimmel show. He claimed that people had insurance deductibles of $15-16,000 and premiums of $20,000 to $30,000 to $40,000 per year. (from memory, I believe those were the numbers he threw out.)

Can someone please explain who is being forced to buy an insurance policy like that?

The AHCA that just passed in the House is unpopular in early polling:

The results from a HuffPost/YouGov survey:

31 percent favor the AHCA, compared to 44 percent who oppose it.
45 percent favor the Affordable Care Act, compared to 44 percent who oppose it.
39 percent said the AHCA would be worse than the ACA, with 26 percent saying it would be better.
27 percent said things would get worse for them if the AHCA is signed into law.

Something has been puzzling me since this morning. I was listening to the Senator that was on Jimmy Kimmel last night. He as on CNN. (Yes, that horrible leftists fake news)

He repeated a statistic that he said on the Kimmel show. He claimed that people had insurance deductibles of $15-16,000 and premiums of $20,000 to $30,000 to $40,000 per year. (from memory, I believe those were the numbers he threw out.)

Can someone please explain who is being forced to buy an insurance policy like that?

Wow.....I stand corrrected.

I decided to go onto the Healthcare Marketplace and put in our family's information as though I was looking for insurance.

Here are the options I came up with:

Healthy family of 5.

$12,800 deductible - $12,800 max out of pocket - $2,530 per month Premium ($30,360 per year)

$13,700 deductible - $14,300 max out of pocket - 2,625 per month Premium ($31,500 per year)

$3,900 deductible - $11,000 max out of pocket - $2,908 per month Premium ($34,896 per year)

That is absolutely pathetic.

Healthcare should not cost this much.

Interestingly, I instantly received two phone calls and two text messages trying to sell me on these great plans.

And that's the "best" America can do.

Whereas my sister-in-law suffered a significant back injury, went through treatment & rehab and subsequent doctor/chiropractor visits, AND gave birth to two children, all while living in France under universal healthcare.

Guess how much that cost her? Combined, less than the lowest per-month premium in BRB's post.

THAT is proper healthcare.

• Fire 1