Dems Rebuild

The problem is they are using the wrong word.  

Also, they should be "defunding" fire departments.  Drive by one...you will see 4-5 70,000 trucks parked outside while those guys are inside lifting weights and watching TV.  Then they have the nerve to ask "us" to shovel snow away from fire hydrants.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The defund the police movement is about taking money from police budgets and putting it into other services that we need like education, Social Security, Medicare, etc. The Dems are doing the opposite.

Ok, I'm just not seeing that from the document they wrote. Is it hidden in the Sustainable Budget Act?

45 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Ok, I'm just not seeing that from the document they wrote. Is it hidden in the Sustainable Budget Act?

The doc they wrote is about budget cuts, which is cutting other services. Additional funding for the police is coming from Biden (and maybe Pelosi?).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Ok, ignoring the DNC often being idiots and it's probably just them doing that again...

Why does it matter if they lose the current chairman when they can just vote in a different one (right?)? Is he that good at the job? Are they just nervous a progressive will be voted chairman?

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Ok, ignoring the DNC often being idiots and it's probably just them doing that again...

Why does it matter if they lose the current chairman when they can just vote in a different one (right?)? Is he that good at the job? Are they just nervous a progressive will be voted chairman?

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I can’t read the NYT article. Like I said I am assuming this is an idiot move but I’m still wondering why they would care about losing him as chairman. 

Maybe I read that wrong though. I think maybe in the tweet they are just using it as a title. Not suggesting they are concerned about his position on the committee.

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I can’t read the NYT article. Like I said I am assuming this is an idiot move but I’m still wondering why they would care about losing him as chairman. 

Maybe I read that wrong though. I think maybe in the tweet they are just using it as a title. Not suggesting they are concerned about his position on the committee.

I took it as they don't care about his committee position, just that he not lose to a progressive.