Dems Rebuild

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

7 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I think she meant to say "right." 

Ugh I hope Biden doesn't f#&% this up too horribly. I have low expectations. He better at least overturn all the s#!t executive orders. But I have no faith they will actually try to fix our checks and balances because they're too inept for that.

17 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think she meant to say "right." 

Ugh I hope Biden doesn't f#&% this up too horribly. I have low expectations. He better at least overturn all the s#!t executive orders. But I have no faith they will actually try to fix our checks and balances because they're too inept for that.

No, I'm sure Krystal means the Left, which has been accused by fellow Democrats of being delusional with its crazy demands for equitable healthcare, wages, and taxation. Joe is the consummate centrist.

Nothing wrong with Joe saying this out loud in an election season, but at some point Democrats need to shove some legislation back down the GOP's throat, knowing that a majority of Americans actually agree with their policies, backed by s#!tloads of historical evidence.  

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No, I'm sure Krystal means the Left, which has been accused by fellow Democrats of being delusional with its crazy demands for equitable healthcare, wages, and taxation. Joe is the consummate centrist.

Nothing wrong with Joe saying this out loud in an election season, but at some point Democrats need to shove some legislation back down the GOP's throat, knowing that a majority of Americans actually agree with their policies, backed by s#!tloads of historical evidence.  

Ok, I get it now. I think most think of Biden as Left though even though he’s not. 

If true, this is a pretty big blow for the NDP in my opinion. Their resolution denouncing Don Kleine's determinations in the Scurlock case were a bit unfair and ill-advised. And now they very well may have lost one of their best faces/voices.

Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine switching to GOP after Democrats' critical resolution

Kleine, one of the highest-profile elected officials among Nebraska Democrats, is leaving after the state Democratic Party's state central committee passed a resolution Sept. 26 criticizing him.

The resolution took issue with Kleine's statements about the shooting death of a Black man, James Scurlock, by a white business owner, Jake Gardner,  during a Black Lives Matter protest on May 30.

The resolution said Kleine's words and actions helped perpetuate white supremacy. Kleine has said the party's rebuke might prompt him to leave the Democratic Party.

IMO, there wasn't anything "supremacist" about Kleine's determinations. He's long been respected and appreciated for his work in Douglas County. To rake him over the coals like the NDP did (for a decision that, legally, I think he got right) didn't sit right with me either.

25 minutes ago, Enhance said:

If true, this is a pretty big blow for the NDP in my opinion. Their resolution denouncing Don Kleine's determinations in the Scurlock case were a bit unfair and ill-advised. And now they very well may have lost one of their best faces/voices.

Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine switching to GOP after Democrats' critical resolution

IMO, there wasn't anything "supremacist" about Kleine's determinations. He's long been respected and appreciated for his work in Douglas County. To rake him over the coals like the NDP did (for a decision that, legally, I think he got right) didn't sit right with me either.

Kleeb is not known for taking even a tepid stance on anything. 

Just now, DevoHusker said:

Kleeb is not known for taking even a tepid stance on anything. 

From what I've heard, she's long be a sore conversation spot among Nebraskan Democrats. I had a few interactions with her when I worked in news and generally walked away with the impression that she was too radicalized in her beliefs.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

From what I've heard, she's long be a sore conversation spot among Nebraskan Democrats. I had a few interactions with her when I worked in news and generally walked away with the impression that she was too radicalized in her beliefs.

Similar circumstance here. Same impression here. 

17 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Unfortunately, having the majority of Americans agreeing with you doesn't mean much with the electoral college.

Particularly when the tipping point states are white and whose state legislatures are gerrymandered to the point where Democrats winning state seats is nearly impossible. 

• 2 weeks later...