Crying and B****ing about Trump

I have noticed a lot of folks saying it is not the end of the world with DT as prez, everyone is overreacting, etc. For white male heterosexuals, that may be a true statement. You really need to understand that for folks that are not in that category, DT's comments create a very scary time.

I took today off work to help with some community counseling. There are a TON of American-born children that are very concerned their Mexican parents will be deported. We're not even talking illegals here; we are talking naturalized citizens, green-card holders, legal residents. I have two employees that are gay. Both are beyond worried they will be stripped of their personal rights; one is married and couldn't be prouder of his spouse. They are in the process of adopting a child they have been fostering. If their marriage is invalidated the adoption will not go through and they will be devastated. I hate to think what will become of the child.

A local hospital that provides abortions has suddenly been booked out through the end of the year. Women are afraid of losing their right to choose or being criminally punished once DT takes office. They are moving forward with abortions in the lame duck period and I think a lot of these women may have chosen another route if DT had not been elected.

I am not criticizing anyone that voted for DT. People need to vote how they feel. However, I do not understand how all these DT supporters cannot understand the fear certain classes of citizens have when this fear is based directly on statements DT has made. Not spin, not media, not opposing party rhetoric but purely DT's actual comments. The marginalization I am worried about starts with the inability to understand our fellow people.

• Fire 8

^^^ Those are the real world ramifications of a DJT presidency for many of the folks that didn't vote for him. Please take a second to think about those folks before you lash out and tell people to stop being dramatic. I voted for HRC as much as a way to try to protect those people who suddenly find themselves feeling extremely vulnerable as I did because I agreed with her policies or liked her personally. Colo didn't even mention what has to be going through the mind of American Muslims right now with the rise of this Islamaphobic faction of the right. Thanks for taking the time to help others man... good stuff.

I really feel bad for Obama in having to be the bigger man and once again take the high road dealing with this man who's taken the low road every single time towards him for as long as he's been in power. Must be a really dirty feeling, helping to pass on power to a clueless nutjob who's been telling the nation you're not a citizen and an illegitimate president for the past five years. But he did it because it's for the best for the country he cares about, and because he's a great man. Anyone who assails his character could not be more wrong.

Zoogs, take heart. I'm in your boat. But all is not lost. Republicans, as spineless, craven, and lacking in character as many of them have revealed themselves to be throughout this process, are finally forced into a position to put up or shut up. No more playing political games. No more shutting down the government or proposing impossible, useless legislation because they know they won't be accountable. There's going to be no Obama to knock down their symbolic proposals, only to have them brag about having fought the good fight to no avail... "thanks to that darn Obama."

They're in control now. They'll sink or swim. Either they'll act like responsible adults again and prove they can govern in a way that's good for people, or they'll fail spectacularly and possibly destroy themselves. Either could be a positive situation. If they turn into a responsible party again, it's probably healthy for our democracy. If they give into Trump's nationalistic impulses, I'd much prefer the latter. i'd rather nuke the party than have it grow into an insanely far right xenophobic party ala Europe.

But it's on us a country (and as the collective left) to make known that though Trump prevailed, his sick method of dividing by race and otherizing and racial resentment and overt aggression toward dissent did NOT. We cannot legitimize the more disgusting aspects of his campaign the new normal. It's on every day people who despise that kind of crap to work to force it back to the margins and keep it there. This is literally the basket of Deplorables I'm talking about. I'm talking about letting the KKK and the anti-Semites and the Neo-nazis and the straight up racists that are in the Trump coalition realize damn well they are not the majority.

I'd walk hand in hand with anyone, regardless of party, in doing so. Gladly, with John Kasich or John McCain or Ben Sasse or any other Republican who saw what Trump was doing and who he was doing it with and said nope. I'm damn proud of those guys, regardless of the fact I disagree with them on policy. I've lost any shred of respect any other GOP elected official who didn't follow a similar course of action. But I think it's bigger than an election that we beat back these types of group from ascending to any position of kind of power. It's for the good of the country.

Here's a podcast you may like Zoogs, if you haven't already heard of it. They talk in the latest episode about what the future holds for those who find themselves on the left, on the outside looking in... essentially, where we go from here.

https://theringer.com/keepin-it-1600-podcast-politics-election-jon-favreau-dan-pfeiffer-220924af4c94#.awfhqfhdl

• Fire 1

Absolutely, unlfan. I have Muslim and Mexican friends right now I need to get in touch with and check up on. I just want to show them support. I've been very vocal about being anti-Trump on here and social media, so a lot of them probably know how I feel, but seriously, reach out to those friends of ours who are of a different race he targeted and let them know we don't all feel this way.

The thing about Trump's trade message is I feel it's intellectually dishonest. Trump totally subverts the fact that automation is a much larger killer of manufacturing jobs in America than are our trade deals. We're just much more efficient at doing theses jobs now and there's not as many manufacturing jobs to go around. He never brought that into his message. You can't replace those jobs unless you want to hurt the economy as a whole. I don't know how much, but I'm fairly certain of this. That may work, and he may look to offset those net losses elsewhere. It wouldn't surprise me to see Trump to and patch up the economy with bubblegum and bailing wire in order to do things his way (i.e., forego automation improvements and waste money to bring back manufacturing jobs).

I just don't like protectionist policies. But I don't work in manufacturing and I'm not economic expert.

• Fire 1

Is there any chance the media is over exaggerating these protests? If we've learned one thing this election cycle it's that the media like to incite hysteria. It's good for business. Has anyone actually seen an election related protest? Maybe we need to start matching what we read/see to actual experiences.

Yes. I was in NYC and saw two yesterday. The news from NYC has aligned to what I saw and experienced. They are happening. There are lots of people participating. Its been peaceful. Its totally allowed and the freedom to protest is something to be valued in America.

If I learned one thing from this election its how susceptible some Americans are to suggestions that news reporters are not doing their job in an honest and reasponsible way. The majority of news affiliates report news - without imposing opinions or stirring up hysteria. Some party specific news organizations will take anything that happens and attempt to get their base fired up by saying there is hysteria and that their candidate and their beliefs are being victimized.

A local hospital that provides abortions has suddenly been booked out through the end of the year. Women are afraid of losing their right to choose or being criminally punished once DT takes office.

I'm not doubting that you heard this. But who would book an abortion more than a couple weeks out? That doesn't make sense. :dunno:

A local hospital that provides abortions has suddenly been booked out through the end of the year. Women are afraid of losing their right to choose or being criminally punished once DT takes office.

I'm not doubting that you heard this. But who would book an abortion more than a couple weeks out? That doesn't make sense. :dunno:

That seriously doesn't make sense. So, are these women expecting to get pregnant and need an abortion?

That seriously doesn't make sense. So, are these women expecting to get pregnant and need an abortion?

I'm assuming they're booking for basic gyn care and routine stuff. That too goes away if PP is defunded, and it's the majority of what they do. Just because it's a location that provides abortions doesn't mean that's all that's being booked there.

America elected the leader of the bitching and moaning aimed at Obama. The guy that for years disputed his citizenship and stated Obama was not qualified to be president. There are still people out there making these claims. I do not want to hear anything about how the outcry against Trump is some embarrassing act that the right would never do.

That doesn't even touch on the fact that this nation just handed over control to a demagogue with no plans to better the nation. I honestly thought we were better than this. You really screwed the pooch on this one America.

All of his past will come back to haunt him. Every barb he threw about questionable charity, birthplace, money making etc - now his entire past and current business, personal and professional life will be on display, and honestly I think he's starting to realize that this is a pretty big burden. I for one am excited to see some karma.

America elected the leader of the bitching and moaning aimed at Obama. The guy that for years disputed his citizenship and stated Obama was not qualified to be president. There are still people out there making these claims. I do not want to hear anything about how the outcry against Trump is some embarrassing act that the right would never do.

That doesn't even touch on the fact that this nation just handed over control to a demagogue with no plans to better the nation. I honestly thought we were better than this. You really screwed the pooch on this one America.

All of his past will come back to haunt him. Every barb he threw about questionable charity, birthplace, money making etc - now his entire past and current business, personal and professional life will be on display, and honestly I think he's starting to realize that this is a pretty big burden. I for one am excited to see some karma.

But is that where we should be as people outraged at his presidency? We are all in this together, things will be a hell of a lot worse if we aren't even trying to be united. I want to see Trump go down as the single worst president in history so that we may prevent this from happening again, but at the same time have to live through this crap. I'm torn.

I really, really like Trump's economic message in regards to trade. I think, at the end of the day, that's what won him the election.

However, he has promised to deport 11 million people and ban all Muslims from entering the country. If he actually attempts to implement those policies, there will be revolts in the streets. Violent acts against Muslim and Mexican citizens would soar.

I would actually be afraid if he goes through with those policies. Can you imagine being an a Muslim or Mexican in America right now? I fear for them. At some point, basic human rights of others should win over your own economic situation.

I truly cant believe we elected this guy. Scary times.

His message in regard to trade is terrifying. He is promoting protectionist ideals that stand to ruin the global economy as he removes us as a trade partner from so many that depend on us, and us as we depend on them. Just terrifying.

• Fire 1

But is that where we should be as people outraged at his presidency? We are all in this together, things will be a hell of a lot worse if we aren't even trying to be united. I want to see Trump go down as the single worst president in history so that we may prevent this from happening again, but at the same time have to live through this crap. I'm torn.

I totally understand - I just want him to face all the challenges and stupid bs that he spent the last 8 years putting our current president through. Glass House/Stones.

Honestly I think we can get thru our time with him, I think there's very little chance he gets traction on many of his campaign promises that excited so many of his followers. I'm more worried about the agenda and strength of the senate. They are smart enough to know how to get things through and be sneaky about it. And Pence. He scares the crap out of me.

I have zero religious ties at this point in my life, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'm saying some prayers that Ruth G. and the others SCOTUS stay healthy and engaged.

I mean, goodness, we're talking about (for example) people of color feeling suddenly like this country and its people are a lot more hostile to them than they imagined -- and that we're on the verge of a radical shift in policy and tone that will severely alienate them.

More to the point, anyone who has to go to a counselor and talk things out for any reason, they should do so. The existence of worse problems does not minimize the existence of others. What's nothing to one person is a battle to another.

There's no indication of how many people are even seeking out these services, but it's good that they are available. We're here supposedly to help one another, not heap scorn on those needing help and calling it trifles.

Lastly, there are obvious differences between the election and re-election of every Senator, Governor, or Vice President to be elevated to the post in the past half century plus, and the venerable Mr. "Grab 'Em By The pu&&y".

The ignorance and hypocrisy of the left is at an all time high. The ignorance is the riots of the crybaby millennials who didn't get their way and also likely didn't vote is beyond comprehension. It makes me fear for our future not because of Trump, but because we have raised a bunch of pu$$ies to "lead" the next generation. Your first line makes no sense because African Americans are in FAR WORSE shape after Obama's failed policies. But your liberal media hides those facts and keeps their contingent ignorant because people don't do their own research.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/520564950...#sp=show-clips

I can't believe that woman. "People need to die." Imagine the roles were flipped, and Clinton had won. People burning a Clinton head in effigy, shouting about how people need to die. Good lord the DOJ would be up all their asses. Oh but wait, that wouldn't happen. Republicans would just shrug and say "Well that sucks" and get on with their lives.

The hypocrisy is the fake "being offended" buy the "grabbing by the pu$$y" comment when she has Jay Z rapping about B!tches, ho's, and saying the N-word many times over at her final rally last weekend. But that is ok since he is trying to help her....the double standard by liberals is asinine and that is saying it nicely. I'll just say good job showing your true colors leftists.

So yes, it is ok to be disappointed that your media misinformed you that she had it wrapped up. You also have every right to criticize any policy that he enacts that doesn't do what it is intended such as Obamacare was an epic failure. But to go out and protest and say that people need to die, is just plain ignorant.

• Fire 1