Blacks Attack White Man Who Voted For Trump

Obviously a ridiculous reaction to an election result.

I'm also tired of "black/white person did such-and-such to black/white person" headlines.

Thank you. The fact that this thread was started and this video was shared is just nasty trolling.

So we are in agreement. No more videos or pictures that depict any backlash either way. Mods are you good with that?

• Fire 1

I'm also tired of "black/white person did such-and-such to black/white person" headlines.

Thank you. The fact that this thread was started and this video was shared is just nasty trolling.
How is this trolling?
  • Fire 1

How is this trolling?

It isn't

I wish there were more responses but...

• Fire 1

I was watching TV this morning (flipping between Fox and MSNBC), and I was struck by the fact that the only thing you saw on Fox was this video and the only thing on MSNBC was the video of the white middle school students shouting "build the wall" at their Hispanic classmates. If one didn't flip back and forth, you wouldn't even know the other thing occurred....just an observation.

• Fire 2

It's disgusting what some on the hateful left are doing right now. Conservatives were just as appalled when Obama won in 2008 as he was a man with zero leadership experience, but I do not recall such nasty things being done.

A simple google shows things did happen in Nov 2008.

Cross burnings. Schoolchildren chanting "Assassinate Obama." Black figures hung from nooses. Racial epithets scrawled on homes and cars.

Incidents around the country referring to President-elect Barack Obama are dampening the postelection glow of racial progress and harmony, highlighting the stubborn racism that remains in America.

From California to Maine, police have documented a range of alleged crimes, from vandalism and vague threats to at least one physical attack. Insults and taunts have been delivered by adults, college students and second-graders.

There have been "hundreds" of incidents since the election, many more than usual, said Mark Potok, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors hate crimes.

• Fire 3

@Red Five, yeah.

Some people are devastated when the racists win.

Some people are devastated when a Black man wins.

The anguished backlash of the racists in defeat is outpaced only by their exuberant lash-out in victory.

As for the video, this is an obvious crime, and such violence is to be condemned.

Wait...isn't that a hate crime?

I wouldn't think so, since they are beating him for who he voted for, not his race. Why does it even matter that they are black and he is white? This thread title begs that question...

Give me a break. If four white guys beat the hell of a black guy for voting for Obama in 2008, everyone would mention their race and everyone would say it's a hate crime.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I wouldn't think so, since they are beating him for who he voted for, not his race. Why does it even matter that they are black and he is white? This thread title begs that question...

Give me a break. If four white guys beat the hell of a black guy for voting for Obama in 2008, everyone would mention their race and everyone would say it's a hate crime.
And I would say the exact same thing. If it's not racially motivated, it's not a hate crime. I don't see why race matters here, other than the history of the OP.

Would you say the same thing when a white cops shoots and kills a black person?

Cause the media and BLM movement would lead you to believe otherwise.

• Fire 1

Would you say the same thing when a white cops shoots and kills a black person?

Cause the media and BLM movement would lead you to believe otherwise.

I would, and I have if it's justified. I was fine with no indictment in the Michael Brown case. The officer was defending himself.

I'm not BLM, but I do support the original idea, and those level headed and moderate people who know that everyone (not just white people) need to work together to fix these issues.

It's disgusting what some on the hateful left are doing right now. Conservatives were just as appalled when Obama won in 2008 as he was a man with zero leadership experience, but I do not recall such nasty things being done.

Why do you not pretend to see that people on both sides are being awful the past 2 days? People are chanting racist things in schools, abusing minorities, painting swastikas. Why are you pretending not to see those things? Why can't you be like the rest of us and see that there are a$$hole$ everywhere?

There are idiots on both sides, but what I'm saying is that I do not recall seeing Conservatives organizing huge events to protest Obama when he won in 2008. We are talking mass protests across multiple cities, California threatening to secede, etc... I am all for peaceful protests, but c'mon, the guy hasn't even gotten into office and the left is already complaining non-stop.

Right. Our "responsible" Republican leaders in Congress just met up and decided they were going to fight everything he did.

I know they won and everything, but I loss a massive amount of respect for the GOP this cycle, for numerous reasons. Not that I loved them to begin with, but I'd like to be open to them if they'd act like a responsible, respectable party.

I don't think I'm alone in this regard.

Are you saying that GOP leadership fighting against an agenda they disagree with is the same as people protesting the rightful outcome of the election?

• Fire 1