Blacks Attack White Man Who Voted For Trump

I will just say you wouldn't see me coming out and reacting like this had Clinton lost to McCain, or Romney, or Jeb Bush. I respect all of those men, even if I disagree with them.

Trump is perhaps the most dangerous, demagogic, unqualified candidate we've ever elected to this post. I think he is uniquely unfit for the title he's about to assume. It will have major implications on every American's life if I am correct.

So excuse me if I ignore you while you lob accusations about being a sore loser my way.

• Fire 5

I will just say you wouldn't see me coming out and reacting like this had Clinton lost to McCain, or Romney, or Jeb Bush. I respect all of those men, even if I disagree with them.

Trump is perhaps the most dangerous, demagogic, unqualified candidate we've ever elected to this post. I think he is uniquely unfit for the title he's about to assume. It will have major implications on every American's life if I am correct.

So excuse me if I ignore you while you lob accusations about being a sore loser my way.

Completely agree with this. Not sure how people don't see the difference here.

• Fire 2

It's why the, "There weren't reactions like this when Obama was elected" argument is such a frustrating logical fallacy. Because first of all there were, and second of all, the reactions aren't based on a common denominator as simple as, "We didn't get our way." They are based on the very specifically unique and exclusive circumstances surrounding one Donald J. Trump.

• Fire 2

Certainly a horrendous crime centered around a bias, at the very least. Whether it's a hate crime would be very tough to prove, legally at least:

A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, the FBI has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties.

They seem to very explicitly, per their language, be assaulting him because of who he voted for. People can argue back and forth forever about whether there is a racial element at play indirectly, which there probably is, but that wouldn't be able to be proved in court, I don't think, and if we're not talking about the legal definition, then what's the point of worrying about the label? It's no less awful or hateful if it isn't called a 'hate' crime.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/latest-hate-crime-statistics-available

There were plenty to choose from. Of course, you have to be willing to see them first.

And here I thought you were going to bring up a thread or conversation here on Huskerboard. Boy was I way off.

I think the implication is that it doesn't seem like you really care about hate crimes being committed, except for this one instance. We're all a bit curious why that is.

• 2 weeks later...

Obama's campaign and platform weren't built around being anti-Muslim, anti-Mexican, anti-LGBTQ, anti-women's rights, or anti-white, so it makes sense that people weren't as worked up. Obama is a cool, collected and articulate man with no scandals, no grudges, and a message of optimism. The only ways people could get really riled up by him are political, not "I'm scared that I'm going to be deported or assaulted in the streets" kind of personal.

That being said, violence always needs to be condemned regardless of who it's perpetrated by and who it's towards. The Chicago man who allegedly voted for Trump being beaten is awful and inexcusable, as are death threats towards anyone.

Exactly. The massive false equivalency by Trump voters in this case is appalling. There weren't demonstrations in the street because Obama isn't even remotely close to the shitbag-type of human being that Donald Trump is.