Why is Donald Trump a racist?

NUance

He literally called Mexicans 'rapists' in his campaign announcement.

Wrong! He said that most of the illegal immigrants coming in from Mexico were their criminals and rapists, not that Mexicans are rapists. I'm not a Trump supporter, he has been misquoted so many times about this that everyone thinks its the truth.

• Fire 2

racist and bigot as terms have become so watered down by all this, i pity people who are really victims of them.

I think racsit is thrown around far too much without regard to its actual meaning. But Trump fits the definition of a bigot to the T.

Wow. Well that seems racist all right. Did he really say that? I mean, sure, a fair percentage of illegals from Mexico are probably criminals. Like the ones smuggling drugs. But suspect the percentage of drug smugglers is fairly small. I think most illegal immigrants sneak across the border to get jobs.

He did not call all Mexicans rapists or criminals, just the vast majority of Mexicans that enter the United States. So, there is a distinction between what Trump said and mrandyk's post, but I am not sure if what Trump said is much better. I guess it could be viewed as racist or it could be viewed as delusional, divisive, and incendiary rhetoric.

When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/06/16/trump_mexico_not_sending_us_their_best_criminals_drug_dealers_and_rapists_are_crossing_border.html

racist and bigot as terms have become so watered down by all this, i pity people who are really victims of them.

If nothing else we've learned flinging them at people whose votes you're trying to get is poor strategy.

They actually make them stronger.

I remember at a Fox Debate where Megyn Kelly ask Trump about his sexist comments.

His response was a total dodge. He said that he wasn't politically correct and that people should stop being so politically correct and talk like normal people. The crowd went wild.

He used the PC Police and those who want every word monitored in school to his advantage. Why? Because people hate it and will go for anything and ANYONE who are against it...There was only one in this election out of the dozen or so potential candidates.

That is not an endorsement of his response, the reality is that people are sick of it because its been pushed on them.

Wow. Well that seems racist all right. Did he really say that? I mean, sure, a fair percentage of illegals from Mexico are probably criminals. Like the ones smuggling drugs. But suspect the percentage of drug smugglers is fairly small. I think most illegal immigrants sneak across the border to get jobs.

Why are you asking these things now? Seems like something you should have looked into before the elections (especially if you voted for him).

Racist or not, I wouldn't have voted for DT.

I am asking this now because of the huge outcry since the election—on both HB and around the nation—about Trump being a racist. The discussion of him being a racist has gone up exponentially in the past couple of days.

Why are you asking these things now? Seems like something you should have looked into before the elections (especially if you voted for him).

I am asking this now because of the huge outcry since the election—on both HB and around the nation—about Trump being a racist. The discussion of him being a racist has gone up exponentially in the past couple of days.

I honestly think it's the same as its been all along. People are just now paying attention to it since he's the president elect. Kinda like people only paying attention to brexit after it was voted on.
  • Fire 3

I honestly think it's the same as its been all along. People are just now paying attention to it since he's the president elect. Kinda like people only paying attention to brexit after it was voted on.

Yup!

Mexican immigrants, particularly illegals, are statistically less likely to be criminals than other Americans. It's one of the reasons I have such a big problem with scapegoating illegal immigrants as violent felons that the federal government incompetently lets stay in the country. It's just not true, if you go by the numbers.

• Fire 1

I would pay money, I mean that, to hear how some of us ACTUALLY talk when we are ... making whoopie...

You know, there are websites where you can get exactly that. Errrr, that's what I heard anyway. :ph34r:

I would pay money, I mean that, to hear how some of us ACTUALLY talk when we are ... making whoopie...

You know, there are websites where you can get exactly that. Errrr, that's what I heard anyway. :ph34r:

PM the links! ha

Here's the best one! LINK :thumbs:

Yeah people hate when you push respect and treating others with respect on them... (not to say it hasn't at times gone overboard...)

Your version of "respect" might be someone else's restriction on free speech.

Try to understand over perspectives. If you criticize the wrong people in the wrong way in other countries you can go to jail for hate crimes. Canada, Germany, France,etc... Not unrealistic that it could or would happen here.