Why is Donald Trump a racist?

NUance

He isn't a racist.

You are right...this is a dumb thread trying to continue the failed left's campaign against Trump and his "deplorable" supporters. I would actually argue the opposite that Trump has been more willing to talk about race and racial inequality directly than most candidates from either party in years. Can someone please share with me the last GOP Presidential candidate to go and visit several US cities and discuss the plight and challenges faced by the black community? There is a reason Trump got more of the black vote than many recent GOP presidential candidates, and if he continues to focus on improving their lives, he will get an even higher percent of their vote in 2020.

• Fire 1

IIRC, Trump tried to counter-sue the DOJ for unfair discrimination against him or something silly like that. They slapped that down, and they eventually settled with the DOJ with no admission of guilt but having to comply with some practices to try to combat discriminatory actions in the future. They failed to comply and the DOJ had to take further action later on.

That kind of stuff doesn't happen if you're not doing something wrong. If Trump's not a racist, he's sure as hell done some very racist things. Frankly, I'm not sure the difference matters at this point.

He isn't a racist.

You are right...this is a dumb thread trying to continue the failed left's campaign against Trump and his "deplorable" supporters. I would actually argue the opposite that Trump has been more willing to talk about race and racial inequality directly than most candidates from either party in years. Can someone please share with me the last GOP Presidential candidate to go and visit several US cities and discuss the plight and challenges faced by the black community? There is a reason Trump got more of the black vote than many recent GOP presidential candidates, and if he continues to focus on improving their lives, he will get an even higher percent of their vote in 2020.

Yeah..... That's why klansmen are celebrating.

• Fire 2

Dangit LOMS. I got a cramp in my thumb just scrolling through that one post.

But let's just be calm and see how it goes, right?

Nah, you go ahead and do whatever you're going to do now. I'm done trying to calm anybody down. But personally, I'm going to wait to lose my sh#t for when some actual racist legislation begins or executive order actually occurs.

Dangit LOMS. I got a cramp in my thumb just scrolling through that one post.

But let's just be calm and see how it goes, right?

Nah, you go ahead and do whatever you're going to do now. I'm done trying to calm anybody down. But personally, I'm going to wait to lose my sh#t for when some actual racist legislation begins or executive order actually occurs.

What if there is never any change in legislation but hate crimes increase 200, 300, 400%?

• Fire 1

Calm/not calm is not that important. As long as we are all very opposed to these forces in our society and will equally oppose them whenever they surface. I.e, stick to our guns of standing against racism, rather than accommodate more and more to defend Donald Trump.

• Fire 1

I am so utterly confused how so many can have their head in the sand on Trump being a racist.

According to many on this board, any Dem that runs automatically is pro-welfare, anti-2nd Amendment, and pro-Big Government. Despite the fact the only POTUS to attempt to decrease the Federal government size post-Eisenhower was a Dem. Even if that Dem candidate states the opposite across the board they are decried.

However, Trump has acted as a racist/sexist/bigot for 30+ years, makes highly racist/sexist statements, and it's nothing to be concerned about. POTUS sets government policy for every Federal institution and directly influences a number of state/local department policies. There is nothing stopping that policy from disregarding ethics, common decency, or SCOTUS decisions. In many parts of this country, Federal government has to intervene to ensure equal treatment of non-white males.

Trump is not deporting ALL Mexicans, just 2-3 million that are "criminals". Define criminal and how that is determined? Trump is not banning Muslim immigration. He will just vet Muslim immigrants more deeply. Pretty easy to create a vetting process that finds most every Muslim doesn't qualify. The same process has kept minorities from qualifying for home loans and women from receiving equal pay for how many decades?

It is so easy to trample a group's civil liberties when good people do nothing. "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty" rings true for EVERY group in our country because it is in fact true for EVERY group in our country...

• Fire 3