Trump's 7 point Drain the Swamp Plan & 100 Day Agenda

Note sure where to put this post but I figured here is as good as any. If Trump keeps getting off focused on peripheral issues, he won't have a 100 day agenda. In this article, he says flag burners should be stripped of their citizenship and or face a year in jail. Once again, he proves his ignorance as the SC ruled 5-4 that this is free speech. And JUSTICE SCALIA was a part of the majority!! We have 4 years ahead of 'open mouth, insert foot'.

The article:

President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday took to Twitter to denounce flag burning, saying it should perhaps result in loss of citizenship or a year in jail.

Trump ostensibly was reacting to the report of students burning a flag at Hampshire College in Amherst, Mass., after his election victory. About 1,000 veterans gathered at the school Sunday to protest the school's decision to remove all flags after the incident.

The only stumbling block for the president-elect is that flag burning is protected as free speech by the Supreme Court.

The high court ruled in 1989 Texas vs. Johnson by a 5-4 decision that invalidated prohibitions on flag burning.

Justice Antonin Scalia, whose death left an opening on the court for which Trump will get to replace, sided with the majority.

Trump spokesman Jason Miller backed up his boss later Tuesday in an interview on CNN's "New Day."

"I think most Americans would agree with me that flag burning should be illegal. It’s completely despicable,” Miller told host Chris Cuomo.

"Flag burning is completely ridiculous and I think you know that and that the vast majority of Americans would agree," he continued.

Cuomo protested, though, that the act is "constitutional," and asked whether Miller and his boss know that?

"It should be illegal, Chris," Miller insisted, without answering Cuomo's question.

OK, the second one seems moderately unfair.

Elaine Chao was U.S. Secretary of Labor under George W. Bush, and Deputy Secretary of Transportation under H.W. Her first work within the Dept of Transportation began in 1986. She was also briefly director of the Peace Corps.

Establishment? Yes. Draining the swamp? Ha, very funny. But her independent qualifications seem considerable. The second tweet was either made in ignorance of this, or it intentionally wants to give people a slanted half-story.

Trump starting early on his job program??

http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/Companies/carrier-jobs-united-states/2016/11/29/id/761261/

United Technologies Corp has reached a deal with President-elect Donald Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence to keep close to 1,000 jobs at its Carrier Corp air conditioner plant in Indianapolis, roughly halving the number of U.S. jobs it planned to move to Mexico.

The deal, announced by Carrier on Twitter late on Tuesday, is a victory for Trump, who campaigned hard on keeping jobs in the United States and specifically criticized Carrier for shipping jobs overseas, messages which appealed to blue-collar workers in the Midwest.

Company officials, Trump and Pence, who is the governor of Indiana, will announce some of the deal's terms on Thursday, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters.

Indiana state officials were involved in the talks, but it was unclear what, if any, inducements the state may have made to encourage Carrier to keep the jobs in the United States.

Carrier's parent, United Technologies, has a strong incentive to keep good relations with Trump and his incoming administration, given that a portion of its estimated $57 billion revenue this year will come through U.S. military contracts at its Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems units

http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/Companies/carrier-jobs-united-states/2016/11/29/id/761261/

United Technologies Corp has reached a deal with President-elect Donald Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence to keep close to 1,000 jobs at its Carrier Corp air conditioner plant in Indianapolis, roughly halving the number of U.S. jobs it planned to move to Mexico.

The deal, announced by Carrier on Twitter late on Tuesday, is a victory for Trump, who campaigned hard on keeping jobs in the United States and specifically criticized Carrier for shipping jobs overseas, messages which appealed to blue-collar workers in the Midwest.

Company officials, Trump and Pence, who is the governor of Indiana, will announce some of the deal's terms on Thursday, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters.

Indiana state officials were involved in the talks, but it was unclear what, if any, inducements the state may have made to encourage Carrier to keep the jobs in the United States.

Carrier's parent, United Technologies, has a strong incentive to keep good relations with Trump and his incoming administration, given that a portion of its estimated $57 billion revenue this year will come through U.S. military contracts at its Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems units

Good for him. I'm interested in seeing what the details of the deal are.

I wonder what incentives Pence promised.

From what I've read the unconfirmed rumors are state tax breaks. Pence was able to make some things happen because he is still the Governor of Indiana.

It's good and bad. I hate that the residents of Indiana foot the bill to keep the jobs from moving to Mexico but not losing 1000 jobs is obviously good.

It's corporate welfare for a parent company that has $57,000,000,000 in revenue.

• Fire 1

Any word on whether he's been able to reach an agreement to bring back production of Trump suits and ties from Bangladesh, China and Mexico?

that is a good one. I guess he is turning all of his business interests over to the kids. I guess the next commerce sec may have to negotiate with them!!

From what I've read the unconfirmed rumors are state tax breaks. Pence was able to make some things happen because he is still the Governor of Indiana.

It's good and bad. I hate that the residents of Indiana foot the bill to keep the jobs from moving to Mexico but not losing 1000 jobs is obviously good.

It's corporate welfare for a parent company that has $57,000,000,000 in revenue.

One of my biggest pet peeves when discussing these issues is when people list off how much revenue a company has and acts like they should just be able to foot the bill for what ever society needs.

Just listing Revenue doesn't tell me squat about their decision of going or staying in Indiana.

There's companies that have billions in revenue and still go broke. There are companies with that much in revenue and still have certain product lines that aren't making money where major changes need to be made.