Trump's 7 point Drain the Swamp Plan & 100 Day Agenda

Not directed at you at all, TG. It is a general comment. I really want us to get to the core of what we believe in and want to fight for. So if it's a policy someone really likes, great, defend them with all your heart and if I disagree, we'll maybe be able to have a nice debate about it. Maybe I'll learn or decide something isn't so bad, or really is kinda bad, and vice versa.

What I am most encouraged by is for example, we're generally united in detesting racism and misogyny. Whether we voted for Trump or not, that's core to us. And I think that's a point of unity we can build on, a shared way to evaluate what goes on. I like to be positive! :)

• Fire 1

Serious question- where are all the racist provisions in these bills? I've got me lighter fluid and pitchfork ready, just need to know when to bust them out.

I'd pay close attention to the riders attached to these and other bills before giving a candidate that ran on a xenophobic platform and hired a White Supremacist a snarky free pass.

I'm not and won't give him a free pass. But, I will wait to begin the crucifying until there is something real, actually in the works.

I hope you guys are not misunderstanding my position on the race/sexism/whatever issues and how they apply to DJT.

Yes, he has said and done many horrible things and apparently has the backing of some very deplorable groups and people. I in no way approve of those things. But I am going to give him the opportunity to proceed on issues that need fixed in this country. Obama did not really get that luxury from the Republican controlled congress and it has hurt this country for the last 8 years. I fully understand not wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt. He hasn't earned it. And I understand the revenge motivation of not giving him anymore than his predecessor received. Trust me, I get it.

But, I am sick and f'n tired of Washington getting nothing accomplished and simply pointing the finger at the other side, playing the people against each other so the "swamp" people can remain in control and keep f#cking us over. Not that it matters much what I do personally here on good ole HB but I have decided that getting some stuff fixed in this country is much more important so I am going to refrain from the histrionics until I feel it is actually time for them. He does not have my unfettered support or backing and, just to be clear, I DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM. I voted for write in candidate "You've got to be f#cking kidding me". Honestly and seriously, that is what was on my ballot because out of 22 or so options, there was no one, and I mean no one, worthy of a vote for President of the United States. Also worth mentioning, the electoral votes in the state I reside in went to Hillary. I understand that many of you will continue to want to paint me as some sort of Trump enabler. If that is what you are want to do, there is not much I can do about it. It's ok, I'm a big boy and can handle it.

• Fire 6

I've seen several people advocate for taking the wait and see approach. When a racist, sexist person puts racist, sexist people in powerful positions, the suggestion to wait and see what they do is asinine.

Keeping your rights while you have them is easier than gaining them back. Trump needs to know what people think of this. Then he can say he doesn't give a sh#t if he wants. But telling people to calm down is ridiculous. (Especially considering this is a message board where people are merely using words, and no one is advocating anything more than words).

Fair enough, I will no longer be advocating that people calm down. And I agree, he needs to know that those things are not acceptable to what is hopefully the majority of the people in this country.

• Fire 2

+1 for the sentiment, JJ. Could have used that sentiment throughout this country 8 years ago. We could have gotten so much more done, and what was done could have been done better.

I agree and will even admit that I was on the wrong side of that issue for about the first 4 of those 8 years. That is some of what is giving me hope that maybe, just maybe, DJT will not turn out to be near as bad as many are now claiming. It's not that he hasn't earned the poor treatment but rather that Obama received much the same treatment from the other side and did not turn out to be near as bad as many were claiming he would.

• Fire 1

I've seen several people advocate for taking the wait and see approach. When a racist, sexist person puts racist, sexist people in powerful positions, the suggestion to wait and see what they do is asinine.

I'm open to give him a chance too, but between Bannon and continuing to rail against the media on twitter, new Trump still looks like old Trump.

• Fire 4

Keeping your rights while you have them is easier than gaining them back. Trump needs to know what people think of this. Then he can say he doesn't give a sh#t if he wants. But telling people to calm down is ridiculous. (Especially considering this is a message board where people are merely using words, and no one is advocating anything more than words).

Fair enough, I will no longer be advocating that people calm down. And I agree, he needs to know that those things are not acceptable to what is hopefully the majority of the people in this country.

Hear, hear! :thumbs

I've said all along that there are some things that when he starts talking about them, I could agree. Then he always has to take it into the stratosphere of stupidity.

That on top of being a corrupt lying piece of sh#t.

Now he has a chance to be a good president. I hope he is.

However, base on the last 30 years of his life I have my doubts.

For the country, I'm rooting for him.

• Fire 1

Back to the 100 day plan.

The repeal and replace Obamacare act better have a whole bunch more to it than the brief description provided by the OP. If anybody thinks those few things even begin to put a dent in the healthcare woes in this country..... Sorry, the ability to purchase across state lines will do virtually nothing to reign in escalating premium and care costs, nevermind that it will likely be completely useless. What good is a plan from 3 states away that does not include my providers in their network. It's basically stupidity exposed. Donald- the problem with healthcare is rapidly increasing costs. Period. Solve that before exploring any the avenue.

• Fire 1

*nods*

From NYT: Politics aside, we know how to fix Obamacare.

This article talks a lot about the Medicare model. Others I've seen focused on the public option. The technicality of it all is a bit above my paygrade, so I'm happy to let public health professionals sort this out. And I recognize that politics complicates the whole thing immensely. The stated agenda of the President will not help that, but it is what it is.

Anyway, I think what it boils down to really is more competition. I know ColoNoco has spoken at length about healthcare costs. And to echo another article I've read lately but can't find, one of the problems is that healthcare is just plain expensive. Especially from where we started, costs doesn't seem like a really easy (especially politically) problem to address.