Fake News

Pretty much all reported news is fake news.

Just watched a local news report about raccoons being illegally trapped in the city. The local fake news reported that the "coon cuff" traps they showed on TV were dangerous to pets and humans.

Either they are stupid or liars, take your pick. Most likely both.

In other fake news, the White House keeps telling us that Russia hacked the last election, yet they have not provided any proof.

This has to be trolling.

The local news story might be bad news but it certainly isn't fake. Unless of course they purposely cited a study that doesn't exist expecting people just take them at their word that the "coon cuf" was responsible for a bunch of deaths to pets and children.

If you can't find the information from the CIA, FBI, or DHS regarding the Russian hacks you aren't trying very hard. They aren't going to explicitly tell you how how the hack was done or how they figured it out.

The outlets that propagate actual fake news -- of varying degrees -- are the ones who want you to believe that all news is equally fake. You wouldn't listen to their swill otherwise.

The problem is the majority of political supporters of the PEOTUS have taken their bait and are trying to push that narrative. This couldn't have worked better for people who wished to try to undermine the legitimacy of our Fourth Estate.

Evidently the 'fake' news propagandists still think they can fool most of the people some of the time and it continues. Latest one is the story put out in past couple days by Washington Post saying the Russians hacked into the national electric grid via a hack into a small New England power company's computers. The apparent facts are that some suspicious malware was found on one individual employee's laptop computer unrelated and not in anyway connected to the local company's computer softward nor anything related to a larger systemic softward system. Still the story was published suggesting the 'Russians are at it again trying to destroy America's power supply by knocking out electrical power all over the place!' This is clearly 'fake' news with only the slightest of truth related elements and completely misrepresents the facts and truth of the matter. More disturbing is this liberal/Democrat agenda of trying to turn the Russians and Putin into Stalin and the vast evil Soviet empire! This is simply BS and it is dangerous to attempt to instill fear in the minds and hearts of the general public of some Darth Vadir (Putin) type threat to the world. Even Obama is pushing this crap with his mostly symbolic (it is the thought that really is the problem frankly) 'sanctions' vs. the Russian government. This comes at a time when the United States has almost NO real allies left around the world as Obama has alienated nearly every western democracy leaning state while cozying up to the Muslim 'states' (mostly of course being totalitarian and dictatorial terror prone and brutal countries). A lot of damage has to be undone by the new Administration ASAP!

Evidently the 'fake' news propagandists still think they can fool most of the people some of the time and it continues. Latest one is the story put out in past couple days by Washington Post saying the Russians hacked into the national electric grid via a hack into a small New England power company's computers. The apparent facts are that some suspicious malware was found on one individual employee's laptop computer unrelated and not in anyway connected to the local company's computer softward nor anything related to a larger systemic softward system. Still the story was published suggesting the 'Russians are at it again trying to destroy America's power supply by knocking out electrical power all over the place!' This is clearly 'fake' news with only the slightest of truth related elements and completely misrepresents the facts and truth of the matter. More disturbing is this liberal/Democrat agenda of trying to turn the Russians and Putin into Stalin and the vast evil Soviet empire! This is simply BS and it is dangerous to attempt to instill fear in the minds and hearts of the general public of some Darth Vadir (Putin) type threat to the world. Even Obama is pushing this crap with his mostly symbolic (it is the thought that really is the problem frankly) 'sanctions' vs. the Russian government. This comes at a time when the United States has almost NO real allies left around the world as Obama has alienated nearly every western democracy leaning state while cozying up to the Muslim 'states' (mostly of course being totalitarian and dictatorial terror prone and brutal countries). A lot of damage has to be undone by the new Administration ASAP!

Can a reasonable person say to themselves that this board is a better place with Count banned but this kind of stuff posted every day?

If this is the discourse HuskerBoard wants to promote, HuskerBoard needs to take a long look in the mirror.

• Fire 3

Just watched a local news report about raccoons being illegally trapped in the city. The local fake news reported that the "coon cuff" traps they showed on TV were dangerous to pets and humans.

Either they are stupid or liars, take your pick. Most likely both.

In other fake news, the White House keeps telling us that Russia hacked the last election, yet they have not provided any proof.

Provide quotes where the White House says the election was hacked. I don't recall hearing them say that.
Heard it on the national news, ABC. Not sure how to provide that quote.

Also, what would proof that the Russians interfered with the election look like to you, the layman?

To me it would look like the CIA and FBI saying they interfered.

I'd say to describe exactly how they interfered and how that interference affected the election outcome. Also, maybe show how they were able to find this info. Some specifics would be nice.

Right now, just a "take our word on it" doesn't hold much water to me.

They have described it for the layman. They hacked into the DNC/Podesta and released everything they possibly could that was negative about Clinton and nothing negative about Trump. Additionally, they created all sorts of fake news headlines and articles using various fake internet accounts. All negative about Clinton.

Oh. That. Lol.

I thought that there was some alleged evidence that the Russian hacked into voting machines or some how changed vote tallies.

Do you really think you'd understand a detailed explanation of how the hacking occured?

Why wouldn't I?

Do you think we should let other countries know how it occurred?

Good point.

Lastly - I've yet to see the White Houqse says the Russians hacked the election. That's the headline some channels/newspapers are using, probably because it's short, but I haven't found a single quote from the WH saying it. If you're gonna say they said it, you should find the quote. Surely if the WH said it you'll be able to find it.

As I previously stated, it was on the ABC national news. If you'd like to search YouTube for a clip you're free to do so.

I won't be looking for anything on the WH website for quite a few reasons.

This is one of the must unfounded, bold and absurd claims I've ever seen on this board.

If you believe everything that the media reports then that is part of the problem.

I learned years ago through first hand experience with the media that they don't report the news, they manufacturer it.

This is one of the must unfounded, bold and absurd claims I've ever seen on this board.

If you believe everything that the media reports then that is part of the problem.

I learned years ago through first hand experience with the media that they don't report the news, they manufacturer it.

I used to work for the all-treacherous "media," so your claims that they "don't report the news, they manufacture it" are inaccurate, broad and inane. You're creating blanket statements to generalize a work force where the vast majority of the employees are honest, hard-working people trying to do the best job they can.

I also don't believe everything the media reports, but nobody ever said that was a prerequisite for consuming media, did they? We have a country full of people who on one hand try to suggest most news is "fake news" but then fight to defend whatever information supports their own opinions. Or, they try to destabilize the vast majority of available media because it doesn't jive with the narrative they've developed or attached themselves to. It's hypocrisy.

• Fire 6

I used to work for the all-treacherous "media," so your claims that they "don't report the news, they manufacture it" are inaccurate, broad and inane. You're creating blanket statements to generalize a work force where the vast majority of the employees are honest, hard-working people trying to do the best job they can.

I also don't believe everything the media reports, but nobody ever said that was a prerequisite for consuming media, did they? We have a country full of people who on one hand try to suggest most news is "fake news" but then fight to defend whatever information supports their own opinions. Or, they try to destabilize the vast majority of available media because it doesn't jive with the narrative they've developed or attached themselves to. It's hypocrisy.

:clap

Thanks for the chuckle.

Thanks for the chuckle.

And thank you for throwing in the white flag.

• Fire 3

I'm finding this pretty interesting.

That's a pretty damn good article and hits on a lot of points we've been talking about here - the pervasiveness of social media and the lack of respect some media outlets have for their viewers/readers.

This is a pretty disappointing situation all around and, at least to me, enough of a reason to seriously reconsider reading Washington Post in the future.