Trump and the Press

14 minutes ago, Landlord said:

you're presupposing a benefit of the doubt onto the social media companies. Being banned from more than one social media platform does not imply you have earned that ban. I think I understand why you would, having been a moderator on here, but social media megaliths don't operate anything at all like huskerboard.

I'm as well aware of the ins and outs of social media megacompanies as you.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

If someone supports Trump at this point there is nothing the press can do that will change their mind. Those people are not to be pandered to.

While I think there are some that can't be reasoned with or convinced, there are some who are simply blinded by their news sources. I can't find the video right now, but after Justin Amash's town hall, a woman being interviewed said that was the first that she'd heard of Trump having done anything wrong. She said she'd only been watching conservative news outlets. My impression was that she was shocked by what Amash had revealed and was going to look into it more. So there's still some out there that can listen to reason but are simply in the conservative echo chamber.

• Fire 1
6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

While I think there are some that can't be reasoned with or convinced, there are some who are simply blinded by their news sources. I can't find the video right now, but after Justin Amash's town hall, a woman being interviewed said that was the first that she'd heard of Trump having done anything wrong. She said she'd only been watching conservative news outlets. My impression was that she was shocked by what Amash had revealed and was going to look into it more. So there's still some out there that can listen to reason but are simply in the conservative echo chamber. 

I know about that woman - I first posted that article here on HuskerBoard.

That woman is not watching ABC or any other "MSM" outlet. That's why she and others like her have no idea what's actually going on with Trump.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I know about that woman - I first posted that article here on HuskerBoard.

That woman is not watching ABC or any other "MSM" outlet. That's why she and others like her have no idea what's actually going on with Trump.

Yes, but it also means that if something happens to expose her to other news sources - like the Amash town hall - then she might change her mind. I was just pointing out that not of Trump's supporters are close-minded and reaching out to them could still work.

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is what happens when you have a man in the White House who is openly antagonistic to a free press.

Video of the interaction is in the link.

What a great example of the current Republican party.

I would be interested in knowing what they got kicked out of the rally for.  They appear to be the right type for the crowd.

I got a kick out of the one guy claiming he's so pissed off he's now liberal.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would be interested in knowing what they got kicked out of the rally for.  They appear to be the right type for the crowd.

I got a kick out of the one guy claiming he's so pissed off he's now liberal.

There is a video earlier in the thread of the taller guy trying to sneak beer into the event. And then stumbling all over the place after chugging what he had left of the beer in his hand. 

Later in the interview, the Time team brought up the fact that Trump tried to "limit Mueller's Russia probe to only future election meddling." One of the reporters (the transcript doesn't say who) noted that Trump dictated a letter to a former aide, Corey Lewandowski, "telling him to tell" former attorney general Jeff Sessions "to limit the investigation." The details were included in former Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report.
The Time reporter said "he testified under oath under threat of prison time, that that was the case Mr. President." Trump, cornered, did what he usually does: He lashed out and brought up the other letter, the one he had shown off earlier, from North Korea's dictator.
Quoting from the transcript:
TRUMP: "Excuse me — Under Section II — Well, you can go to prison instead, because, if you use, if you use the photograph you took of the letter that I gave you —"
TIME: "Do you believe that people should be —"

TRUMP: "confidentially, I didn't give it to you to take photographs of it — So don't play that game with me. Let me just tell you something. You take a look —"
TIME: "I'm sorry, Mr. President. Were you threatening me with prison time?"

Trump's response

"Well," he said, "I told you the following. I told you you can look at this off-the-record. That doesn't mean you take out your camera and start taking pictures of it. O.K.? So I hope you don't have a picture of it. I know you were very quick to pull it out — even you were surprised to see that. You can't do that stuff. So go have fun with your story. Because I'm sure it will be the 28th horrible story I have in TIME Magazine because I never — I mean — ha. It's incredible. With all I've done and the success I've had, the way that TIME Magazine writes is absolutely incredible."
Then the president continued raging against the magazine's coverage. "Some day within the next 20 years," he said, "maybe you'll pick me as Man of the Year. O.K., big deal." The "Person of the Year" title was last bestowed on Trump in 2016.

Yeah.....this is how a competent person acts.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

A former  Fox reporter who flew the coup in 2017.   Believes there was collusion wt Russia and that Trump was/is a law breaker :o

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/former-fox-news-reporter-leaves-network-over-partisan-misinformation-2019-06-25?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Carl Cameron spent more than two decades at Fox News as one of the network’s political correspondents. He called it quits back in 2017 and now, as he embarks on another project, he dishes on why he left.

‘It’s about facts, not partisanship. I was one of Fox’s first hires. The idea of “Fair and Balanced” appealed to me, but over the years, right wing hosts drowned out straight journalism with partisan misinformation.’  

Cameron also called out President Trump as a “con man” who did, in fact, collude with Russia. He warned that America is facing a “state of emergency.”

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, commando said:

meanwhile...on russian state tv

Why do we care what state TV in Russia thinks? It's the same things you will hear from Fox News, but obviously pro Russian.  It's propaganda. It's lies. It's meant to sow American discord and promote Russian superiority.

54 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Why do we care what state TV in Russia thinks? It's the same things you will hear from Fox News, but obviously pro Russian.  It's propaganda. It's lies. It's meant to sow American discord and promote Russian superiority.

russian tv is lying when they say trump hates the american press?