Trump and the Press

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

This wasn't just some deranged supporter, it was shown at his resort:

Several of Mr. Trump’s top surrogates — including his son Donald Trump Jr., his former spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders and the governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis — were scheduled to speak at the three-day conference, which was held by a pro-Trump group, American Priority, at Trump National Doral Miami.

Never mind, those are all deranged supporters.

14 minutes ago, QMany said:

This wasn't just some deranged supporter, it was shown at his resort:

Never mind, those are all deranged supporters.

But the bigger picture is that this is the crowd we are dealing with.  While Sanders  and DeSantis state they didn't see the video and weren't there to see it, it creates a bigger picture of what the Trump crowd thinks.   I cannot imagine this video being shown at any other previous president's fund raiser -  Obama, GWB, Clinton, GHWB, etc - I cannot think of any of their supporters creating such a video much less playing it at a presidential fund raising event and at a property owned by the president or his company. 

6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

But the bigger picture is that this is the crowd we are dealing with.  While Sanders  and DeSantis state they didn't see the video and weren't there to see it, it creates a bigger picture of what the Trump crowd thinks.   I cannot imagine this video being shown at any other previous president's fund raiser -  Obama, GWB, Clinton, GHWB, etc - I cannot think of any of their supporters creating such a video much less playing it at a presidential fund raising event and at a property owned by the president or his company. 

Yep. There's a reason they thought it was okay to show this, and that's because of how Trump reacts to things like this. They probably figured there would be no repercussions.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/jan/10/don-winslow-and-stephen-king-offer-200k-if-white-house-holds-a-press-briefing

"

Bestselling novelists Stephen King and Don Winslow have offered to donate $200,000 (£153,000) to a children’s hospital if the White House press secretary, Stephanie Grisham, will hold a press conference.

White House press briefings used to be a regular affair, but the last one was held more than 300 days ago, according to CNN, by Grisham’s predecessor in the role, Sarah Huckabee Sanders. "

• Plus1 1