Sipple: No good excuses for being pummeled by ordinary Iowa team

Saunders

I've heard that "progress" line now from several people. Riley is smart enough to mix in 5 and 6 win seasons so that when he does win 9 it's wildly celebrated.

Everything lined up this year. Extremely easy schedule, 4 year starter at QB, a ton of returning starters. This is as good as it's going to get.

• Fire 1

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't see Riley having any more success than Callahan did here. Need to get rid of this west coast offense garbage and commit to power football. Team turns soft any time they get punched in the mouth.

I'm not happy about yesterday, but we still have a chance to have the best record in a season since 2003. That is something to look forward to, with the expectation being we need to get better quickly.

I've heard that "progress" line now from several people. Riley is smart enough to mix in 5 and 6 win seasons so that when he does win 9 it's wildly celebrated.

Everything lined up this year. Extremely easy schedule, 4 year starter at QB, a ton of returning starters. This is as good as it's going to get.

And next year they will have a brand-new first-time starter at quarterback for Nebraska… So you have that built-in excuse.

• Fire 1

We did get pummeled by an ordinary Iowa team. That is where we are at.....less than ordinary. The guiding philosophy of this program needs to change. It needs to start with toughness, physical and mental. Riley has helped make some strides in the mental aspect, but his offensive and defensive philosophy is anything but tough physically. That won't play well in the B1G conference.

• Fire 1

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't see Riley having any more success than Callahan did here. Need to get rid of this west coast offense garbage and commit to power football. Team turns soft any time they get punched in the mouth.

I'm not happy about yesterday, but we still have a chance to have the best record in a season since 2003. That is something to look forward to, with the expectation being we need to get better quickly.
If we win the bowl game our record will only be better because we didn't go to a conference championship and lose a 4th game. Pelini was 10-4 in 2009 and maybe one other time(?)

10-3 is better pct-wise but I think most people would prefer to lose a conference championship to not playing in one.

• Fire 2

If we won the bowl game our record will only be better because we didn't go to a conference championship and lose a 4th game.

Ok. We have many years under Bo and Bill that we did not go to the conference championship game and STILL lost 4 games. I'm hoping for something different this year.

If we won the bowl game our record will only be better because we didn't go to a conference championship and lose a 4th game.

Ok. We have many years under Bo and Bill that we did not go to the conference championship game and STILL lost 4 games. I'm hoping for something different this year.

Right. I'm just saying we've had a better year recently. I agree though 10-3 will be nice but what people wanted was no blowouts.

Right. I'm just saying we've had a better year recently. I agree though 10-3 will be nice but what people wanted was no blowouts.

Well, 10-3 is the best record since 2003. Literally what I typed. No rhetoric or hidden agenda, just a fact.

There really isn't anything to argue about here.

Well, 10-3 is the best record since 2003. Literally what I typed. No rhetoric or hidden agenda, just a fact.

There really isn't anything to argue about here.

And I replied why the record is better than what we've had since 2003. I thought it was pretty obvious without spelling it out that I was implying that the longevity means almost nothing since our more recent 10-4 seasons were better. That is what I am arguing.

Go back to NU being NU. Its who we were and are.... We need a dose of physicality across the board.

Look at the Get along gangs productivity and results at OSU.......... Why would a career .504 coach, who brought his staff (that many OSU wanted gone years ago) have better results here?

Because 504 is amazing at OSU. In my four years at OSU, we won 5 games.....total.
No one cares about this. Yes he is a .500 coach at a program that was .400 before he arrived, what do people expect?? This is a case previous record is not determinant of how Riley might do here

It sure looks like a good predictor. MR gave us our first losing season after six consecutive seasons of at least nine wins. He also gave us losses to Purdue and Indiana. Another accomplishment was the second largest blowout in Husker history.

Why did Iowa beat Nebraska 40-10?

Because offensively we had to rely on a Quarterback with a busted hamstring to chuck it around who has never been that accurate chucking it around. Defensively I have no clue what the hell happened, that was just piss poor on staff and players alike.

This is not what we HAD to do.

It is what we chose to do.

Here here. TA should not have been in the game. POB and Darlington were both available. And why did we run so many zone reads with a QB that can't run?

I think what some are failing to see is that the conference is considerably more balanced than it has been, and far more so than the B12 North.

Penn State looks to be the East champion, meeting Wisconsin. The two best teams appear out of it.

Minnesota is playing Wisconsin tough, as we did at their house.

We had a lot of injuries to the Oline and the QB. Maybe, just maybe it is not as bad as some are thinking.

You have to understand that other teams improve and have drive to win games, not just Nebraska.

Pretty much a blanket covers the four west teams on equal footing.