Tanner Lee

Stats. Meh. Watch the film and watch how he plays. Watch how he handles the position. This is the key in evaluati g someones abilities. Stats are far too dependent on the performance of others. Its why football is the ultimate team sport. Very little individualization whatsoever. The success of any player on any play is ALWAYS dependent the performance of others. No other team sport is like that.

I don't think he'll be the second coming of Russell Wilson or anything, but Zac Taylor, I would take that.

Play smart, play tough, run the full offense, and go win games. Possessing the basic skillset doesn't necessarily translate onto the field always, but it's a real good place to start.

• Fire 1

Heard he also ran an offense not conduscive to being a pocket passer. We've seen how that works out for a QB

No, that's not true at all. He transferred away from Tulane because they got a new coach and then new coach didn't want to use a statue QB.

No, Willie Fritz took over and he runs a run heavy offense to say the least. They only threw for 1300 yards this year. That's below Navy and Air Force.

It was just a bad fit when he took over, and that's why Lee got an extra year.

When given time Lee is stellar and can make every throw. At tulane he had a terrible line.

You have looked at ours right?

Ours ranked 6th in the nation in fewest sacks allowed...?

We were 6th in the nation because of Tommy's feet. We game up 8 sacks in the 11 games Tommy started. We gave up 3 sacks in the one game he didn't start, Maryland.

Our offensive line was not good this year. Partly due to injuries. But partly due to being not good at a couple of positions. One bright spot is that our best O-lineman, Gates, was a sophomore and will be back for a couple more years.

• Fire 3

Certainly a factor that contributed to our lack of sacks was Tommy's mobility. To say that that was THE reason we were as good as we were, or to try and specifically document exactly how much of it was his legs vs other factors, is pretty silly.

Regardless, let's say the Maryland game was an accurate barometer of our line's real ability. That's still miles ahead of what Tanner was dealing with at Tulane. His line was like 2005 Nebraska, Zac Taylor getting smoked on every. single. pass. play. levels of bad.

• Fire 1

Certainly a factor that contributed to our lack of sacks was Tommy's mobility. To say that that was THE reason we were as good as we were, or to try and specifically document exactly how much of it was his legs vs other factors, is pretty silly.

Yeah, there's just no way to quantify the contribution of Tommy's mobility. Still: 8 sacks in 11 games with. 3 sacks in 1 game without.

Regardless, let's say the Maryland game was an accurate barometer of our line's real ability. That's still miles ahead of what Tanner was dealing with at Tulane. His line was like 2005 Nebraska, Zac Taylor getting smoked on every. single. pass. play. levels of bad.

I can't wait to see what Langs will do with a QB like Tanner Lee or POB. As for O-lines, I'll take your word that Tulane had crappy pass protection. I don't think I ever saw them play when Tanner was there. I think our O-line will be better next year. We were so young this year. Plus we have guys coming off redshirt that will help. Gates, Foster and Farmer are all back with time to get healthy again.
  • Fire 2

Well said as there were times that we had the short routes open that could have gained yardage and moved the chains that TA wouldn't even look at throwing to. That is one easy way for a QB to make up for a lack of mobility.

Yeah, there's just no way to quantify the contribution of Tommy's mobility. Still: 8 sacks in 11 games with. 3 sacks in 1 game without.

I can't wait to see what Langs will do with a QB like Tanner Lee or POB. As for O-lines, I'll take your word that Tulane had crappy pass protection. I don't think I ever saw them play when Tanner was there. I think our O-line will be better next year. We were so young this year. Plus we have guys coming off redshirt that will help. Gates, Foster and Farmer are all back with time to get healthy again.

Do you honestly think this bunch if all healthy will really have success against the better D-lines in this league? I don't

Do you honestly think this bunch if all healthy will really have success against the better D-lines in this league? I don't

I'm not sure whether or not they will be as good as the D-lines we face. But I didn't say that, did I?