Gerry is suspended for bowl game

BoKnowsD

It is going to immediately impact the team negatively, but it's addition by subtraction in the long term. This was a public message sent to the team and another part of the transition to how Riley is going to run his program.

Hope he makes better decisions going forward.

I agree.

If anything, I wish Mike Riley would have been far more stringent and demanding thus far. But I know that's not really his personality.

I'm sorry to be blunt but how can you be that dumb?

He's been doing this four years now. How do you fail classes at that point? And to be blunt again... he's a sociology major. It's not like he's studying engineering.

Are you asking literally, or rhetorically?

If you're asking literally, then failing school, even as a sociology major, is pretty darn easy if you never attend classes, don't do any work, and/or fail/don't take the tests.

If you're asking rhetorically, then...right?!

I mean if a person just skips on finals alone that could make you fail all your classes. Maybe that is what happened and he had some personal issues the last few weeks. If it's like the rumor and he basically just didn't attend any classes all semester... that isn't just dumb for him but a kick to the crotches of his team and the program and even the fans

I mean if a person just skips on finals alone that could make you fail all your classes. Maybe that is what happened and he had some personal issues the last few weeks. If it's like the rumor and he basically just didn't attend any classes all semester... that isn't just dumb for him but a kick to the crotches of his team and the program and even the fans

Most professors will do what they can if there's something seriously bad going on to let the student take the exam at a different time or give them an Incomplete if necessary.

Maybe he was so sure he's going to the NFL he didn't think he'd need to graduate.

In all honesty, what is going on with Nate Gerry is, in many respects, a microcosm of the rest of the team. Do just enough to get by/9 wins.

I disagree with you here Chimi - this team has really done a lot with very little in the way of "availability" due to injury etc. I think this year maybe more so than in any year I can think of in the recent past they've been engaged and focused.

• Fire 3

In all honesty, what is going on with Nate Gerry is, in many respects, a microcosm of the rest of the team. Do just enough to get by/9 wins.

I disagree with you here Chimi - this team has really done a lot with very little in the way of "availability" due to injury etc. I think this year maybe more so than in any year I can think of in the recent past they've been engaged and focused.

I will respectfully disagree NM.

I am not unreasonable.

But...

I have scratched my head until it proverbially bled at how we lost by 30 to a (at the time) 7-4 Iowa team.