Gerry is suspended for bowl game

BoKnowsD

As a college student, I was not on scholarship and was taking out student loans to pay for college. That I was going to be paying for eventually, not my parents, me....

Therefore, I didn't sit on my hands in my dorm room beating off. I went to class and drank beer when I wasn't so that I could graduate. This is Gerrys fault. If I would've f'd UP and failed out of college, it would've been mine. Not my parents, professors, roommates.... get this in your head.

It is amazing to me how many people think that these guys are kids. You hear it all the time. Yet, a 18-21 year old in the military is a grown adult that should be held responsible for all their actions. There are men and woman overseas right now making life and death decisions at that age. Our society is so screwed up. These are grown men, not kids, and they are responsible for their own actions. If you decided not to perform at your job, does your boss call your mommy or daddy? No, they fire your ass....

• Fire 2

I am confused...Nate sucks at football and is poison to the team...yet people are mad that he wasn't playing? Hmmm

I 100% agree that your grades are your responsibility. I also think that if I am the CEO of a multi-million dollar company and if my company doing well is dependent on the "workers" to be eligible, I am going to have rules and procedures in place. Just like the "workers" are "forced" to hydrate after practice and before they get on a plane and they have to eat certain things from the training table at every meal...

With that said...you actually have to try to get an F so more than likely he was not going to pass no matter what.

No. you don't have to "try" to get an F. No, he wasn't going to get an F anyway.

As I've already said in this thread, to get a 0.0 is simple; don't attend class.

There are many other ways than that that are very easy. If you have a C leading up to the final and skip the final, that's almost always an F unless the final isn't heavily weighted.

The only scenario where you have to "try to get an F" is if you attend all classes and do all homework quizzes and tests.

I don't recall anyone saying Gerry sucks at football but he certainly isn't good enough at it to assume he'll be a huge star in the NFL and doesn't need to bother going to classes. But then I don't think anyone is good enough to assume they'll make it in the NFL. Great college players are often flops at the next level.

No. you don't have to "try" to get an F. No, he wasn't going to get an F anyway.

As I've already said in this thread, to get a 0.0 is simple; don't attend class.

There are many other ways than that that are very easy. If you have a C leading up to the final and skip the final, that's almost always an F unless the final isn't heavily weighted.

The only scenario where you have to "try to get an F" is if you attend all classes and do all homework quizzes and tests.

I don't recall anyone saying Gerry sucks at football but he certainly isn't good enough at it to assume he'll be a huge star in the NFL and doesn't need to bother going to classes. But then I don't think anyone is good enough to assume they'll make it in the NFL. Great college players are often flops at the next level.

That is trying...purposely skipping class, not writing the papers you know you have to write, not showing up for tests or answering all the questions wrong on purpose, that is in fact trying to fail. It is not like it was an accident (I don't think) he was trying to fail. He clearly had it planned out to try and fail.

I suppose if you wanted you could insert the word "want" instead of "try"...But either way.

And yes, people bagged on Gerry, a lot.

I am confused...Nate sucks at football and is poison to the team...yet people are mad that he wasn't playing? Hmmm

I 100% agree that your grades are your responsibility. I also think that if I am the CEO of a multi-million dollar company and if my company doing well is dependent on the "workers" to be eligible, I am going to have rules and procedures in place. Just like the "workers" are "forced" to hydrate after practice and before they get on a plane and they have to eat certain things from the training table at every meal...

With that said...you actually have to try to get an F so more than likely he was not going to pass no matter what.

Bravo.

That being said, I've yet to see one person not say that Nate was at fault for this. Not one.

Bravo.

That being said, I've yet to see one person not say that Nate was at fault for this. Not one.

I guess you didn't read TheSkers comments, he thinks this is all on Riley for not babysitting every one of his players.

That is trying...purposely skipping class, not writing the papers you know you have to write, not showing up for tests or answering all the questions wrong on purpose, that is in fact trying to fail. It is not like it was an accident (I don't think) he was trying to fail. He clearly had it planned out to try and fail.

I suppose if you wanted you could insert the word "want" instead of "try"...But either way.

That would pretty much be the definition of "not trying".

That would pretty much be the definition of "not trying".

No, because it is/was his agenda to TRY an fail.

It is like when we accuse players of not tackling...they are trying to not tackle. They are trying to give less effort.

Nate just might have thrown away his shot at the NFL with this stunt also. At the very least, it will drop his spot in the draft, assuming he still gets drafted.

Bravo.

I guess you didn't read TheSkers comments, he thinks this is all on Riley for not babysitting every one of his players.

Did he say that Nate is not at fault?

Bravo.

Did he say that Nate is not at fault?

Where did he put the blame? He didn't put it at Nate's feet where it belonged. He put it at the coaches feet and by doing so he's saying its their fault and NOT Nate's.

Bravo.

Of course Gerry is responsible for his decision.

"Babysitting" is a word you're using in an attempt to distract from the basic responsibility Riley has to have basic systems in place regarding the academics of his players. Riley is not the only coach on staff. Perhaps Brian Stewart or Mark Banker should have the responsibility to know where their smaller number of players are academically. After all, it affects eligibility of scholarship, right?

My bigger point is Riley should have been aware of this well before December.

It's more than slightly ironic that Riley can thank Pelini's accountability for Riley making the bowl game last season.

At this point, who's at fault matters less than it showing Riley may not exactly be the "leader" Eichorst keeps referring to.

Bravo.

Of course Gerry is responsible for his decision.

"Babysitting" is a word you're using in an attempt to distract from the basic responsibility Riley has to have basic systems in place regarding the academics of his players. Riley is not the only coach on staff. Perhaps Brian Stewart or Mark Banker should have the responsibility to know where their smaller number of players are academically. After all, it affects eligibility of scholarship, right?

My bigger point is Riley should have been aware of this well before December.

It's more than slightly ironic that Riley can thank Pelini's accountability for Riley making the bowl game last season.

At this point, who's at fault matters less than it showing Riley may not exactly be the "leader" Eichorst keeps referring to.

At what point do you let players who are grown men, be responsible for themselves? At what point do you stop "checking up" on them? (And that IS babysitting them.)

I'd bet Riley has told the team repeatedly that not only is it THEIR responsibility to to get to class and get their schoolwork done but also that the coaches wouldn't be following up because they ARE grown men. This staff keeps telling these guys to "do the right thing" and Gerry not going to class is him NOT doing the right thing, it's Gerry NOT doing what his coaches are telling him....again.

Your last line reveals your agenda yet again. It's all about the coaches and their failures (both real and imagined) for you. And this is one of those imagined failures because the coaches are teaching these guys to be responsible adults and all you can see is failure.

I pity people like you who are so negative they can't enjoy the things they profess to love.

• Fire 1