We have a longs ways to go!

I've already seen the hype train on Tanner Lee starting to churn, just like the hype train for this years recruiting class did last spring. Media trying to convince us of something in order to keep the heat off. If any of you are expecting Tanner Lee to be something special, prepare to be disappointed. He's about a notch above Fyfe.

I realize that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. But do you anything to back it up, or is this the second bottle of Ripple talking?

• Fire 1

What you saw today is what you will see next year. A QB running for his life because we have no offensive line at all! We have no desire because we don't recruit kids with desire - how many NE kids are at ND and playing above the level of kids we have on this NE team. Riley is a 500 coach at best. 6-6 next year is likely.

Trick question or did you have an answer?

Nebraska kids are going to Notre Dame?

I am NOT ready to give up on Mike Riley.

I think Nebraska's biggest problem is they're soft and lack physicality.

I think if Mike Riley ever addresses the lack of physicality, he might actually do something of note here.

Alabama runs a west coast, pro-style, offense and they are plenty physical.

Our coaches need to become hard a**es. Get on the players and actually punish them for making mistakes.

Allowing Nate Gerry to start and play all season, when they knew he wasn't making the grades, is exactly what a coaching staff should not do.

All a product of the staff.

I really hate to suggest this, BUT IF Riley ends up not working out (I am not ready to give up on him yet) but IF he ends up not working out, around the time his time runs out, might be the time Beilema's time runs out at Arkansas.

I know there were rumors of our interest in him before we hired Riley, but maybe each ones path comes back around and connects this time? The guy knows the B1G. He is all about big OLine and a solid run game. If he succeeded at Wisconsin he should be able to have success at Nebraska.

Riley stinks, always has and he wants to install a west coast style offense? It's been tried dummy, it doesn't work, not in Nebraska. We need another option, run oriented coach.

Half correct. We do need a head coach who understands what being physical truly means and has a running based offense that pounds the defense relentlessly.

However, we absolutely need the ability to throw and catch the ball.

Sure the team needs to throw the ball, but not live and die by the pass. We need Tommy Frazier style football, not this joke we have now. I sat through Riley destroying my Chargers for plenty of seasons, now he destroys my college team...

I remain hopeful still that somehow our missing link (talent) will no longer be redshirting and or hidden somewhere off camera and will suddenly appear on the field during the games. This needs to start this coming fall. Perhaps, quietly, the coaches held back as much as possible and wanted to stock up before unveiling the "new Nebraska" that we all long so much to watch on football Saturdays. Can someone offer me even a short list of the guys who will be introduced to us this fall that will add strength, depth and power. While we are not exactly a fast, speedy and or quick team, as a whole, it think we lack power. We had some success in the power aspect last year vs. Michigan State and UCLA and Minnesota but I don't recall any others. These were glimpses and perhaps the biggest difference was the FULLBACK being used (Jano was a dam good player btw). Nebraska should always have a couple bruisers at that position and they should be found within the borders of our state. I believe this will go a long way toward fixing the biggest problems.

Riley stinks, always has and he wants to install a west coast style offense? It's been tried dummy, it doesn't work, not in Nebraska. We need another option, run oriented coach.

Callahan's offense was the 7th ranked offense in the country the year he was fired. If wasn't his offense that got him fired, it was his defense. Or more accurately, a lack thereof.

Seriously, how do you lose a game when you score 51 points? It's pretty easy when your defense gives up 65 in the same game.

I know we got owned on oline. Health and continuity contribute to that. Give it to Tennessee, they had more talent. Losing out on kabongo last year hurt as we saw him help tear through our line. Offensively, their speed was appearent. Our dbs held for a while, but the lack of pass rush hurts bad. D line is solid but lacks explosive outside pass rusher. Linebackers were way too slow to react. These heart was there, the burst wasn't. I expect a whole new crew next year. One with speed and explosive capabilities. Speed to drop far enough in zone and close when the play is in front of them. Explosive enough to knock a guy back on 3rd and 1.

All of this said, we put up points, in a home game for them, missing easily our 3 most explosive playmakers. Can't complain to much for year two of an attitude, staff, and scheme transition. There are holes, but the effort to fill those gaps is there. Interested to see how this plays out. The next 3 years will be very telling.

Bottom line is, Eichorst will never fire Riley, because it would reflect negatively on him. In turn, Riley will never fire Banker due to his loyalty. So basically we're stuck until Riley's contract expires. I don't have any faith that we'll make a good hire when it's that time again, anyway.

We need to shell out big time $ and go after some big time coaches. Heck I remember when I said we should pursue Petersen and people laughed and said he'd never leave Boise. Washington proved that you never know unless you try.

The new chancellor may fire Eichorst. If the sellout streak ends there will be consequences.

Bottom line is, Eichorst will never fire Riley, because it would reflect negatively on him. In turn, Riley will never fire Banker due to his loyalty. So basically we're stuck until Riley's contract expires. I don't have any faith that we'll make a good hire when it's that time again, anyway.

We need to shell out big time $ and go after some big time coaches. Heck I remember when I said we should pursue Petersen and people laughed and said he'd never leave Boise. Washington proved that you never know unless you try.

The new chancellor may fire Eichorst. If the sellout streak ends there will be consequences.

Why would he fire Eichorst? How has Eichorst failed in his job?

Bottom line is, Eichorst will never fire Riley, because it would reflect negatively on him. In turn, Riley will never fire Banker due to his loyalty. So basically we're stuck until Riley's contract expires. I don't have any faith that we'll make a good hire when it's that time again, anyway.We need to shell out big time $ and go after some big time coaches. Heck I remember when I said we should pursue Petersen and people laughed and said he'd never leave Boise. Washington proved that you never know unless you try.

Well, he's fired two more successful coaches and endorsed two under-performing ones. So.....

Bottom line is, Eichorst will never fire Riley, because it would reflect negatively on him. In turn, Riley will never fire Banker due to his loyalty. So basically we're stuck until Riley's contract expires. I don't have any faith that we'll make a good hire when it's that time again, anyway.We need to shell out big time $ and go after some big time coaches. Heck I remember when I said we should pursue Petersen and people laughed and said he'd never leave Boise. Washington proved that you never know unless you try.

Well, he's fired two more successful coaches and endorsed two under-performing ones. So.....

For some of us, it's always been about more than just the W/L columns.

And you're smart enough to know that at least one of those coaches wasn't fired simply for his W/L record so why keep acting like he was?

• Fire 3

I've already seen the hype train on Tanner Lee starting to churn, just like the hype train for this years recruiting class did last spring. Media trying to convince us of something in order to keep the heat off. If any of you are expecting Tanner Lee to be something special, prepare to be disappointed. He's about a notch above Fyfe.

And your basis for this is?????

Living in Louisiana, I saw him play numerous times in HS and twice at Tulane. At the time I thought nothing of him. Had good size but not much else. I never in my wildest dreams thought he'd ever end up at Nebraska. I thought he'd end up at a school like McNeese, UL-Monroe, UL-Lafayette, or Tulane (which he did).

When he decided to leave Tulane he had a workout at LSU prior to the one at Nebraska. After his workout they told him they weren't interested. They weren't impressed with neither his arm strength not his accuracy. The fact that LSU wasn't interested is telling, because their QB situation was iffy heading into this season. Look who ended up becoming their starter -- a Purdue transfer.

• Fire 1