McKewon: Huskers can’t let shutout deter them in recruiting

The 2017 run game is going to be awful without a mobile QB.

Mark my words we will be a better rushing team next yr. We won't have to give rushes to our worst RB. I can't say his name or I might get suspended for two weeks. It will be heads and toes better next year

So our worst RB was the one who's worst YPC for a game was almost always higher than the next guy's highest YPC?

Seems legit.

If I'm a RB who is coming in on obvious running downs chances are my YPC are going to be slightly lower than the back who gets the ball when a defense has to respect run and pass. I'll be surprised if who ever starts next year doesn't have a higher YPC and more explosive plays than they guy who started this year. Time will tell.

Like to point out with the '13 and '14 rushing totals that having a great back like Abdullah can mask deficiencies along the o-line. Definitely not saying that the line play this year was better than than those years, but the inflated rushing numbers can be pointed to Abdullah as much as the o-line play.

The RBs on this years team were all solid, but none of them were Abdullah.

It also helps when you have like, you know, more than 2-3 running plays.

• Fire 1

Mark my words we will be a better rushing team next yr. We won't have to give rushes to our worst RB. I can't say his name or I might get suspended for two weeks. It will be heads and toes better next year

So our worst RB was the one who's worst YPC for a game was almost always higher than the next guy's highest YPC?

Seems legit.

If I'm a RB who is coming in on obvious running downs chances are my YPC are going to be slightly lower than the back who gets the ball when a defense has to respect run and pass. I'll be surprised if who ever starts next year doesn't have a higher YPC and more explosive plays than they guy who started this year. Time will tell.

Unless Langsdorf installs more running plays and the offensive line improves drastically, I'm not seeing it.

• Fire 1

Better O Line, better D Line.

That's all ye need to know on earth, and all ye need to know.

The oline 2 deep gets a serious injection of decent prospects who all redshirted in 16. Time for Cav to put up or shut up. The Dline appears to be content with the current roster with the lack of JUCO offers at DE, so in JP we trust.

Either our offensive line play improves next year, or we'll probably see a lot of struggle at times (just as we did this year).

I saw a lot more problems on the defensive side of the ball though down the stretch of the season. Problems that, just like in 2015, seemed so bad that you could have sworn that it couldn't possibly be any worse the next season.

I agree with the basic premise of ToniStalloni's post at the top of the first page - Our fan base gets pretty obsessed with how our skill players are playing at any given point...but our skill players were actually pretty solid on offense this season. As much or more solid than the players in the same positions at Wisconsin and Iowa.

But both of our lines did not play at a level that gets you real shot at a conference title. It's undoubtedly the biggest question mark heading into next season. Much bigger than how Lee plays at QB.

• Fire 1

Seems legit.

It's fun to make claims when you have nothing to back up whether they're factual or not.

4-8 (0-4) vs Iowa/Wiscy

My stomach twisted reading that. It's getting really hard to be optimistic...

Look up TO's record against Switzer. See if that will make you optimistic. He is 0-4 with a QB that couldn't find or deliver the football to the open receiver on the field. The next starting QB will dramatically improve the offense just by being able to see the whole field.

4-8 (0-4) vs Iowa/Wiscy

Look up TO's record against Switzer. See if that will make you optimistic. He is 0-4 with a QB that couldn't find or deliver the football to the open receiver on the field. The next starting QB will dramatically improve the offense just by being able to see the whole field.

Prediction: Next years offense will rank the same or worse than this years.

4-8 (0-4) vs Iowa/Wiscy

So Lee is gonna "dramatically improve the offense?" How much more do you project in completion percentage? Secondly, will he be better in running skills as well? Curious what you see. So, what are you projecting in terms of wins and losses with your view?

Seems legit.

It's fun to make claims when you have nothing to back up whether they're factual or not.

I'm pretty sure if a guys is labeled a "power" back like Ozigbo seems to be and he comes in on short yardage situations do you think he might have a few more guys in the box? Or Cross the year before? Of course the other guy getting the ball on 1st and 10 2nd and 3-10 has a better chance to have a higher YPC. Also 4.6 compared to 4.2 isn't all that much better. I could understand if it was a whole yard or two better.