Huskers vs. Purdue

Mavric

Funny (for me) story.

Ran into a Purdue fan at the Embassy this morning. Originally from Indiana now lives in Denver. Super nice guy. He and his young son were in town for the game because this was the closest Purdue gets to him. He was hoping for a good game. I told him I wasn't sure how we'd handle their bigs. He said they were driving back to Denver after the game - which means they're probably about halfway home now. But that trip isn't nearly as fun as he was hoping.

I'm surprised Isaac Haas didn't play more. I don't remember Swanigan and Haas on the floor at the same time, that would have been a big task for our team. Jack came to play and Jeriah deserves to play 20 or more minutes the rest of the season, he is only going to get better. Would love to see Webster and Watson attack more but it's good we took the win today. Fantastic atmosphere at the game and a semi court storm with the students that slowly died shortly after it happened.

I'm surprised Isaac Haas didn't play more. I don't remember Swanigan and Haas on the floor at the same time, that would have been a big task for our team. Jack came to play and Jeriah deserves to play 20 or more minutes the rest of the season, he is only going to get better. Would love to see Webster and Watson attack more but it's good we took the win today. Fantastic atmosphere at the game and a semi court storm with the students that slowly died shortly after it happened.

Haas was slowed by injury supposedly

Horne was in the doghouse for taking bad shots and not playing defense. The bench time did him some good. Roby is now on the bench. It is good that whoever is playing the best will play more. Competition!

Horne was in the doghouse for taking bad shots and not playing defense. The bench time did him some good. Roby is now on the bench. It is good that whoever is playing the best will play more. Competition!

Sure makes it hard to get a read on this team though. Definitely have to make the young guys earn it and not feel entitled to a position. Seems like that's what's happening

Huge gut check win for this young team. Very proud of the effort by Jordy and Jacobsen. Shows a glimmer of what is possible with this team. Hopefully we can build on it with some consistency and beat the teams we are supposed to.

Tim Miles just poured a huge bucket of ice water on his "hot seat" which I was briefly thinking about after the Northwesten game. Nothing like getting your emotions jerked around by being a Husker basketball fan.

Huge gut check win for this young team. Very proud of the effort by Jordy and Jacobsen. Shows a glimmer of what is possible with this team. Hopefully we can build on it with some consistency and beat the teams we are supposed to.

Tim Miles just poured a huge bucket of ice water on his "hot seat" which I was briefly thinking about after the Northwesten game. Nothing like getting your emotions jerked around by being a Husker basketball fan.

I wouldn't say a huge bucket. He may have thrown half a beer on it to knock down the flames a bit. If the season keeps going though like how it has been after this game....well.....it will still be pretty hot.

I wouldn't say a huge bucket. He may have thrown half a beer on it to knock down the flames a bit. If the season keeps going though like how it has been after this game....well.....it will still be pretty hot.

His seat might be warm, but not even close to hot. Due to the youth, he will have another year to prove he can build a winning team.

Haas and Swanigan were on the floor together. They killed NU when they both were on the floor as McVeigh was stuck trying to guard Swanigan alone. They high/lowed the crap out of McVeigh and Jake/Jordy. Didn't know Haas was battling an injury because it never really showed. If true, sucks for Painter because they probably hold on if both are in to close the game.