Trump Foreign Policy

This is an important development that will have major effects on U.S. foreign policy. We already had one of our chief political rivals under the leadership of a murderous despot and they decided to hack our elections. They're gearing up to do it again, with essentially no pushback from the Trump White House. Now it looks like communist China is consolidating around one leader for the long-term as well.

How will America respond if and when our glorious leader tries to follow suit? I'd like to say he'd be widely reviled & rejected, but anymore I don't know...

I'm curious if he would take a Bill Clinton-esque turn to centrism if Congressional winds shifted. After all, that's why Clinton wound up embracing centrism in the 90s anyway - he didn't hold onto a Democratic Congress very long.

I would hope Dems wouldn't align with him, if so. The best scenario then IMO would be for them to send him Dem priority pieces of legislation to sign that he campaigned on (like taking on Big Pharma & universal healthcare) and call his bluff. See if he'll sign it or if he was just lying as usual.

It may be a moot point because unless it's a huge wave I doubt they win the Senate. But maybe Beto beats Ted Cruz in Texas & turnout crushes Republicans elsewhere. One can hope!

• 2 weeks later...

And....our dear leader is basically silent on condemning this.

Let's not forget that Britain has been our longest and strongest ally in the world.  (I use the past tense there on purpose.)

However, let's also not forget that Britain is an ally our dear leader has not yet visited.  He has canceled several visits due to outrage in London over his wonderful twitter account and what he finds so important to say when, instead, he should be being a leader.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wait....I thought our dear leader said Russia meddling was all false.

What are they diverting from/preping for? First Haley says the US stands with the UK on the nerve agent attack and the joint statement, and now this...