Trump Foreign Policy

Warning: Only hardcore gaming nerds are going to understand this & I'm going to put it in a spoiler because it's somewhat sensitive if you have a weak stomach. Not really that bad, though.

Putin's on the left. Our federal government is on the right.

Makes sense I guess. Russia is pretty cold.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by dudeguyy
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2018 at 8:16 PM, dudeguyy said:

This is an interesting (and sad) statistic.

What's even more sad about this is the use of *unintentionally*

There have been 4-5,000+ civilian deaths killed in the fight against ISIS. So thousands of them were intentional? Good god.

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

What's even more sad about this is the use of *unintentionally*

There have been 4-5,000+ civilian deaths killed in the fight against ISIS. So thousands of them were intentional? Good god.

I've got no idea how the military classifies these kind of things.

Is it possible that the majority of them have been classified as acceptable collateral damage for missions that got the green light or something like that?

25 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

I've got no idea how the military classifies these kind of things.

Is it possible that the majority of them have been classified as acceptable collateral damage for missions that got the green light or something like that?

That was my thought. E.g. take Bin Laden as an example. If bombing him would've been the best way to kill him, they would've done it even if it killed his family. I'm guessing the only reason they didn't bomb him is they wanted to be 100% sure it was him. Anyone else and it would've been a bomb to decrease the chances of American soldiers dying.

Unfortunately when you have someone like Trump in charge, he's not going to care if members of ISIS have slaves, because those slaves aren't White, so they might as well die too. So there's going to be less discretion. (This is just my biased theory on the increase).

Edited by Moiraine

Plus it's well known that Obama was highly involved in ordering drone strikes. From what I understand, he tried to minimize civilian casualties & thus was selective about what he would order.

Drone strikes, as hugely morally problematic as they are, become less so if you have a Commander-in-Chief who's concerned with trying to get as few innocents killed as possible. Even so, even with his preference for them as a way of keeping service members out of harms way, they're still one of the darkest marks on the Obama legacy.

We've lost the moral filter in the chain, now. Trump's not educated or patient enough to spend time thinking about these things, so he's turned autonomy over to military commanders. Whether you love or hate that idea, we no longer have a person at the top who cares if brown people the far corners of the world get blown up to carry out of foreign policy goals.

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

This is absolutely bonkers.

so this has been going on since early 2017...right after trump took over?  interesting.  i would bet the info they buy from russia will clear trump.  bigger part of the disinformation campaign IMO.

• 2 weeks later...