The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

On 7/31/2022 at 9:46 AM, suh_fan93 said:

I'm not an English/grammar teacher nor did I play one on TV, but shouldn't that read "the owners and management... ARE smart" instead of "is smart"?  But no one has ever mistaken trump as an English teacher either. 

• Fire 1

Liz sets the record straight - again. 

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-coup-scheme/

The scheme to overthrow the 2020 presidential election using fake Trump electors in states President Joe Biden carried has been broadly panned as illegal by legal experts. Even John Eastman, the far-right lawyer who drafted the memo outlining the scheme, admitted in private to Trump that there was no real basis for it in law.

But according to Fox News commentator Mark Levin, it was a perfectly valid scheme. On Monday, he told his viewers, "That is to be resolved by the United States Congress. That is not a crime either. You might not like it. You might think it's weird, you might think it's unethical, but it's not a crime."

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), one of two Republicans on the House January 6 Committee and a key voice against Trump from the right, begged to differ, criticizing Levin's remark in a Twitter thread on Tuesday.

"The Eastman memos & fake elector scheme are indefensible," wrote Cheney, tagging Levin's account. "On the memos: Eastman took the opposite legal position a month before the election; he knew all 9 Justices would rule against him; & he admitted it was illegal in an Oval Office meeting & afterwards. White House lawyers said it was illegal too. The fake electoral slates were obviously false, and were transmitted to multiple federal officials for purposes of obstructing the electoral count. None of this is ambiguous." Watch the hearings, and read the opinion of the federal judge who concluded that Eastman and Trump likely violated two criminal statutes," concluded Cheney.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Wow. That's bad news to hear on the stand.

More on Knapp's post above:

Cell Phone Charging Cord      $10

Cell Phone Protector Cover   $75

Cell Phone Owner's Expression when he realizes he's been caught committing  perjury  PRICELESS 

• Oh Yeah! 2

It appears Jones text messages have gotten the J6C involved.   Interesting development.   

https://www.rawstory.com/alex-jones-2657802706y-6-committee/

Mark Bankston, the lawyer for the Sandy Hook parents of 6-year-old Jesse Lewis, revealed in court Wednesday morning that Alex Jones' lawyer accidentally sent text message and emails to him

These were texts and emails that were supposed to be part of the discovery process in the early stages of the case, but Jones maintained that he'd turned over everything.

Within hours, the January 6 committee was at work on a subpoena to obtain the information, Rolling Stone reported.

Citing a "source familiar with the matter," the magazine said that the House committee is at work to request the data from the plaintiff's attorneys to aid in the ongoing investigation. Jones has appeared at times in videos shown by the committee over the course of the past several months.

The information was given to Bankston because Jones' lawyer "did not take any steps to identify it as privileged or protected in any way and as of two days ago it fell free and clear into my possession," he said in court. “That is how I know you lied to me.”

• Oh Yeah! 2
10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

More on Knapp's post above:

Cell Phone Charging Cord      $10

Cell Phone Protector Cover   $75

Cell Phone Owner's Expression when he realizes he's been caught committing  perjury  PRICELESS 

WOW!!!!!!

I almost wonder if his lawyer did this to him on purpose.  It would be huge malpractice on his part.  But.....wow....just...wow....

Why wouldn't his lawyer tell him that he gave the other side the text messages?  Why wouldn't he try to protect the evidence?

Because he knows he's trying to defend a piece of s#!t?