The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

It's so crazy this keeps happening at Fox News!

Ed Henry fired from Fox News over sexual misconduct allegation

Fox News said Wednesday that Ed Henry, one of its top news anchors, had been fired after the network received a complaint last week of sexual harassment from years ago.

"On Thursday, June 25, we received a complaint about Ed Henry from a former employee's attorney involving willful sexual misconduct in the workplace years ago," Fox News chief executive Suzanne Scott and President Jay Wallace wrote in an email to employees.

Scott and Wallace said that Henry was "suspended the same day and removed from his on-air responsibilities" while a third-party law firm investigated the matter.

"Based on investigative findings, Ed has been terminated," they said.

21 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Tucker 2024? How would Huskerboard feel about this?

I look forward to Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson's (Swanson poultry empire, La Jolla Country Day School and St. George's boarding School graduate, etc.) faux-populist campaign.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, QMany said:

I look forward to Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson's (Swanson poultry empire, La Jolla Country Day School and St. George's boarding School graduate, etc.) faux-populist campaign.  

I agree.

GOP voters JUST fell for a rich fake populist lying to their faces, to devastating effect.

Let's hope they don't do it again. Tucker is no doubt smarter and less personally dysfunctional than Trump but I don't think elevating that to power is a good idea, either.

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Al Franken, Tom Brokaw and Matt Lauer say hello....

Al Franken... the former Senator? How is that an answer to Fox News' ongoing culture of sexual harassment?

I'll give you Tom Brokaw and Matt Lauer, but that's whattaboutism, not a condemnation of Fox (which deserves to be condemned). I mean, we're talking a list of:

Roger Ailes

George Murdoch

Bill Shine

Jesse Watters

Dean Cain

Scott Brown

Bill O'Reilly

Francisco Cortes

Sean Hannity

Jack Abernethy

Steve Doocy

Brian Wilson

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Al Franken... the former Senator? How is that an answer to Fox News' ongoing culture of sexual harassment?

I'll give you Tom Brokaw and Matt Lauer, but that's whattaboutism, not a condemnation of Fox (which deserves to be condemned). I mean, we're talking a list of:

Roger Ailes

George Murdoch

Bill Shine

Jesse Watters

Dean Cain

Scott Brown

Bill O'Reilly

Francisco Cortes

Sean Hannity

Jack Abernethy

Steve Doocy

Brian Wilson

In no way was I trying to defend ANYONE on this list, from Fox or otherwise. Just pointing out it is not just a conservative issue.

Franken started as a comedian and broadcaster, before he was a Senator....at NBC. But I know you already knew that. 

check out the list here  https://www.vox.com/a/sexual-harassment-assault-allegations-list/ 

Just now, DevoHusker said:

In no way was I trying to defend ANYONE on this list, from Fox or otherwise. Just pointing out it is not just a conservative issue.

Franken started as a comedian and broadcaster, before he was a Senator....at NBC. But I know you already knew that. 

check out the list here  https://www.vox.com/a/sexual-harassment-assault-allegations-list/ 

This comes across as whataboutism. Sure, Fox did this, but look at Al Franken!

<_<

• Plus1 1

• knapplc changed the title to The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine