Trump Legal Troubles

Georgia is on Trump's mind.     

Racketeering charges are on their way - all so fitting of the Mafia boss that he is. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jul/21/georgia-trump-charges-fraud-election-2020

The Fulton county district attorney investigating Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in the state of Georgia has developed evidence to charge a sprawling racketeering indictment next month, according to two people briefed on the matter

The racketeering statute in Georgia requires prosecutors to show the existence of an “enterprise” – and a pattern of racketeering activity that is predicated on at least two “qualifying” crimes.

In the Trump investigation, the Fulton county district attorney, Fani Willis, has evidence to pursue a racketeering indictment predicated on statutes related to influencing witnesses and computer trespass, the people said.

Willis had previously said she was weighing racketeering charges in her criminal investigation, but the new details about the direction and scope of the case come as prosecutors are expected to seek indictments starting in the first two weeks of August.

The racketeering statute in Georgia is more expansive than its federal counterpart, notably because any attempts to solicit or coerce the qualifying crimes can be included as predicate acts of racketeering activity, even when those crimes cannot be indicted separately.

The specific evidence was not clear, though the charge regarding influencing witnesses could include Trump’s conversations with Georgia’s secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, in which he asked Raffensperger to “find” 11,780 votes, the people said – and thereby implicate Trump.

For the computer trespass charge, where prosecutors would have to show that defendants used a computer or network without authority to interfere with a program or data, that would include the breach of voting machines in Coffee county, the two people said.

The breach of voting machines involved a group of Trump operatives – paid by the then Trump lawyer Sidney Powell – accessing the voting machines at the county’s election office and copying sensitive voting system data.

The copied data from the Dominion Voting Systems machines, which are used statewide in Georgia, was then uploaded to a password-protected site from where election deniers could download the materials as part of a misguided effort to prove the 2020 election had been rigged.

Though Coffee county is outside the usual jurisdiction of the Fulton county district attorney’s office, the racketeering statute would allow prosecutors to also charge what the Trump operatives did there by showing it was all aimed towards the goal of corruptly keeping Trump in office.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

19 hours ago, commando said:

can someone remind me of who was in charge of the government then?

F1v96uPaYAEdMeq?format=jpg&name=small

There was no staged riot, fraudulent election, or coverup.   However there has been one hell of a Republican effort to denying and distracting from the Truth. 

• TBH 1

21 hours ago, commando said:

So that means Trump has promised to pardon the Deep State assets who staged the riot in an attempt to cover-up the election that was stolen from him?  :blink:

On 7/23/2023 at 4:51 PM, commando said:

I mean logic is out the window, right? There's no scrutiny whatsoever if you can craft a theory that gets you out of a jam.

But should I encounter a False Flag believer, I'd have to ask them why so many avowed Trump supporters tweeted their intentions beforehand, videotaped themselves during the riot, and plead guilty when caught. 

It also flies in the face of Donald Trump himself, who staged the event in the first place and continues to celebrate the rioters as heroes he plans to pardon. 

Why would he support and pardon a joint Antifa/Deep State operation? 

What the f#&% is wrong with these people?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2