Trump Legal Troubles

On 6/20/2023 at 2:29 PM, teachercd said:

It does sort of make sense but it would clearly be a huge risk and reach.  

I don't think it was a huge risk or reach because I don't think anyone ever committed to an overt quid pro quo. But there was an undercurrent to both Impeachment hearings and the Mueller Report that if they could damage Trump enough to prevent him from a second term, they wouldn't pursue binding criminal charges --- something they've clearly been reluctant to do. 

23 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don't think it was a huge risk or reach because I don't think anyone ever committed to an overt quid pro quo. But there was an undercurrent to both Impeachment hearings and the Mueller Report that if they could damage Trump enough to prevent him from a second term, they wouldn't pursue binding criminal charges --- something they've clearly been reluctant to do. 

Good points!

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wonder what it’s like being someone that thinks they can just create their own reality and most of the world knows you’re full of s#!t. 

Of course he doesn't need any help. He is the brightest bulb in the room as he always notes - smarter than all of the lawyers and generals put together.

...    did I say the room was full of  a bunch of dimwits?   

• Oh Yeah! 1