Trump Legal Troubles

One man's opinion...

Trump's former Chief Of Staff, John Kelly, just weighed in on his former boss's state of mind right now, saying: “He’s scared s#!tless. This is the way he compensates for that. He gives people the appearance he doesn’t care by doing this...For the first time in his life, it looks like he’s being held accountable...Up until this point in his life, it’s like, ‘I’m not going to pay you. Take me to court.’ He’s never been held accountable before.” Kelly, who was Trump's chief of staff until 2019, has become a fierce critic of the former President since he's left office.

• Oh Yeah! 1

“‘Well, it is a hard conversation to have with Donald Trump, but the fact of the matter is all you have to do is look at what does the government need to prove to go 37 for 37 on this indictment,’ said attorney George Conway. ‘It is that he had the documents... he knew he had the documents, check, and he was asked for the documents back by the government, check. He didn't give the documents back when he was asked for them, and they had to come to seize them, check, and then he was moving them around to hide them, check, and he lied, he caused people to lie to the government.’ “‘Which of these facts is he going to dispute, and the answer is he can't dispute any of them,’ Conway added.”

17 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

So, you want someone to disprove an unproven allegation?  Nice.

A bear ran through my bedroom this morning. Please provide proof that didn’t happen.

Wowser….Sorry about the Bear thingy.   Must suck to have your bedroom tore up like that.   Kinda know what you are going through though.   I once had a Yeti try and break into my Lambo, however, once I confronted it, cooler heads prevailed and it walked back into the woods.  

Anyways, back to the discussion at hand, there are many news articles documenting this, plus Milley’s own book discusses the Iran component that apparently got Trump fired up.  So there’s that I guess :dunno

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Wowser….Sorry about the Bear thingy.   Must suck to have your bedroom tore up like that.   Kinda know what you are going through though.   I once had a Yeti try and break into my Lambo, however, once I confronted it, cooler heads prevailed and it walked back into the woods.  

Anyways, back to the discussion at hand, there are many news articles documenting this, plus Milley’s own book discusses the Iran component that apparently got Trump fired up.  So there’s that I guess :dunno

But.......none of this proves Milley lied.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Jack Smith's indictment unmasks Trump as a complete and utter buffoon

While some have said that the indictment fails to explain Trump’s motive for his crimes, it’s hardly difficult to discern Trump’s state of mind: In the wake of his failed coup, Trump hoarded, and was determined to retain, tokens of his lost power. The very fact that Trump had no good reason to keep his hands on the trove of documents he stole only makes the episode more pathetic.

The tale told in the indictment of Trump’s minions stashing boxes, and moving them from room to room, in Mar-a-Lago — desperately hiding them from the prying eyes of government investigators as well as Trump’s own counsel — does, as Domenech suggested, seem like a bizarre, slapstick comedy, albeit a dark one, given that the pointless scheme gravely endangered national security. 

The fact that a trove of the stolen government boxes were moved from the gilt ballroom of Mar-a-Lago (which is often rented out for weddings) to a spot between a toilet and shower in a bathroom only adds to the pathos of the tale.

Furthermore, the Donald Trump depicted (frequently through his own words) in the indictment is the furthest thing from a savvy warrior against determined “deep state” forces. Instead, he’s a fool, seemingly choosing to take every possible step to invite prosecution.

The transcript of the July 2021 gathering in Trump’s New Jersey estate, where the former president shuffled a pile of stolen documents in front of a writer and publisher, announced that the documents were “highly confidential,” and then proceeded to share the contents with his audience — to the chagrin of a member of his staff, who exclaimed “now we have a problem” — reads like a script from the theater of the absurd.

K8lDZLB.png

The same is true of Trump’s elaborate, and utterly ineffective, effort to turn his lawyer, Evan Corcoran, into a collaborator. It apparently never occurred to Trump that the attorney — whom he’d only recently engaged — might not agree to risk his career and freedom by acting as his new Michael Cohen, and deep-sixing incriminating materials on his behalf. Corcoran, in fact, rejected Trump’s request to partner with him in crime and, ultimately, a judge ordered Corcoran’s notes to be disclosed under the crime-fraud exception to the attorney-client privilege.

The failed effort to turn Corcoran into a co-conspirator was, per the indictment, followed by the shambolic shuffling and reshuffling of boxes by Trump’s now indicted valet — recorded on camera — in an attempt to shield some of Trump’s classified document trophies from the lawyer, and the inducement (by Corcoran) of yet another lawyer to sign a false affirmation for submission to the government.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The larger point is that the right has been horribly bad at differentiating facts from gossip. Things that get proven in court or with known facts are ignored (if it’s about an R) but unsubstantiated rumors and accusations about Ds are treated as gospel. If Biden has done any of the illicit things Rs keep claiming, it would be nice if they would provide proof and arraign his a$$. That hasn’t happened and we both know it isn’t for lack of trying or that Joe is some criminal mastermind that has a death grip on all arms of the justice system. Sorry but I find it amusing when people downplay Trump’s culpability in the face of overwhelming evidence and a life long history of lying and swindling. But at least we can always count on you to erect strawmen, obfuscate and provide whataboutisms. The consistency is…..consistent.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 4
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

You literally have been posting disinformation in the context of tryin to reframe a discussion.   Why you do this is beyond me, but as the doctor of strange love said”here we are”. 

If you took even a minute of time to read my posts you would understand A nugget of information I found interesting was that the Milley/Trump ongoing feud is what led to the damaging Trump recording being used as evidence in the indictment.   

You would also understand I’ve said many many times that Trump should be prosecuted if he indeed kept classified information illegally as should all people who do that.   Next, you would understand that Trump going to jail is a good thing for what I want to happen in 2024:thumbs

Read the NYT, NewYorker,CBSNews,Townhall,Forbes…. Whatever you and mediasbias.com fancy.   They say the same things  as me.   

This all started with this quote of yours

The info shows though, Milley lied to everyone and it was him and his group that actually made the attack plans without Trump being involved and blamed it on Trump.  

I asked you for a link which you tried to provide but it didn't in anyway indicate "Milley lied to everyone and it was him and his group that actually made the attack plans without Trump being involved".

Then I made the point that attack plans are made all the time and the president, especially a knuckledragger like Trump wouldn't and shouldn't be involved in the nuts and bolts of those plans.  A president will approve a plan and a time after consultation with the Joint Chiefs of Staff.  

So your original quote above has not only not been backed up by you but also ignorant in a number of aspects.  I'm actually giving your intelligence the benefit of the doubt by assuming you don't really believe that statement but instead are doing your usual gaslighting.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:
25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The larger point is that the right has been horribly bad at differentiating facts from gossip. Things that get proven in court or with known facts are ignored (if it’s about an R)

I think the 2016-2019 Russia/Trump scam proves this theory as demonstrably false.  Just look through the various Trump threads from that time and find all the knapp/cnn knapp/Schiff, etc..posts that turned out to be false.  Then look at the OIG and Durham reports as further proof.  The Left has been awful with rumors purported as fact. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

If Biden has done any of the illicit things Rs keep claiming, it would be nice if they would provide proof and arraign his a$$

We agree. 

13 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Sorry but I find it amusing when people downplay Trump’s culpability in the face of overwhelming evidence and a life long history of lying and swindling. But at least we can always count on you to erect strawmen, obfuscate and provide whataboutisms. The consistency is…..consistent.

Just a junk post is about all I can say.  I have said many times this particular case and the GA don’t look good for Trump and should be worrisome for him.   But of course you consistently choose to ignore those types of things I post.   Instead you create false narratives of my posts, try and twist words in my posts.   Like you said. At least you’re consistent.  

In regards to whataboutism, you really should listen to Andy McCarthy’s take on what that means.  

• Plus1 1

51 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yes, Lindsey. If you commit crimes, we'll indict you.  

rAuTx6I.jpg

These guys really need to practice saying these things in front of a mirror. I mean Lindsey’s right, very likely “you could convict any Republican of anything in Washington DC” but I’m not sure he realizes what he just said. I guess the aristocracy doesn’t like being held accountable for their criminal actions.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 4
19 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

These guys really need to practice saying these things in front of a mirror. I mean Lindsey’s right, very likely “you could convict any Republican of anything in Washington DC” but I’m not sure he realizes what he just said. I guess the aristocracy doesn’t like being held accountable for their criminal actions.

Yes.

Like I've said many times, if they have evidence that Biden committed crimes, let's see it and prosecute him.  ULTIMATELY, that's the best thing for the country, just like prosecuting Trump for the things he has done is.  It should send a very clear message to other politicians that they are not above the law and they will be prosecuted if they break the law.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1