The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Didn't two dudes go after him and didn't they have guns?  I can't remember the entire thing now.

The first guy shot had a plastic bag he was flinging around... Of the two other guys one had a pistol and the other a skateboard. I believe Rittenhouse killed the guy with the skateboard and the other guy with the pistol was shot in the arm. Again, both those men were shot after the initial incident where he shot the guy with the plastic bag that was chasing him.

I've never thought he would be convicted of murder, but there is definitely room for a civil suit and maybe manslaughter based on all his actions that led to him being there. But whatever, he's still a woman beating piece of s#!t

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ZRod said:

The first guy shot had a plastic bag he was flinging around... Of the two other guys one had a pistol and the other a skateboard. I believe Rittenhouse killed the guy with the skateboard and the other guy with the pistol was shot in the arm. Again, both those men were shot after the initial incident where he shot the guy with the plastic bag that was chasing him.

I've never thought he would be convicted of murder, but there is definitely room for a civil suit and maybe manslaughter based on all his actions that led to him being there. But whatever, he's still a woman beating piece of s#!t

I don't think the law really cares about this. But, he went looking for a fight.  He crossed state lines with an assault weapon and went to a protest/riot.  He wanted a confrontation with someone.

Now, technically, the court ruled that it was self defense.  But, none of that happens if he didn't do what I just described.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, ZRod said:

That's a lot of hyperbole. He was actually provoked and chased, so some form of self defense was justified. Now, he was also a minor in possession of a fire arm across state lines, and the response was disproportionate to the actual threat but the law doesn't really care about that.

In the scenario I shared, the gun wielder is provoked by someone trying to tackle them before they've fired a shot.

My problem is a combination of several factors, one of the main ones being that it's a big Republican thing that gun violence should be solved by random heroes. This is a problem when someone runs around the streets carrying a big gun he should have never brought/should not be showing, and then is treated as a hero after killing people. If the Republicans think heroes should stop mass shootings, they should be against open carry. Someone just carrying around a gun for everyone to see increases the chance of someone trying to be a hero and stopping them before they do any harm.

• TBH 1
57 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Oh yeah!  I remember the dude that got shot in the arm now.  

Seems like forever ago.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

In the scenario I shared, the gun wielder is provoked by someone trying to tackle them before they've fired a shot.

My problem is a combination of several factors, one of the main ones being that it's a big Republican thing that gun violence should be solved by random heroes. This is a problem when someone runs around the streets carrying a big gun he should have never brought/should not be showing, and then is treated as a hero after killing people. If the Republicans think heroes should stop mass shootings, they should be against open carry. Someone just carrying around a gun for everyone to see increases the chance of someone trying to be a hero and stopping them before they do any harm.

Not for me, personally.  I have seen a few people carrying in public and it creeps me out and I stay away.  

I don't get the cowboy way of life.

• TBH 2
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Not for me, personally.  I have seen a few people carrying in public and it creeps me out and I stay away.  

I don't get the cowboy way of life.

I just laugh and shake my head at them.  Then stay away.

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I don't think the law really cares about this. But, he went looking for a fight.  He crossed state lines with an assault weapon and went to a protest/riot.  He wanted a confrontation with someone.

I’m pretty positive he didn’t cross state lines with a weapon.   This is how disinformation by the media sticks with people even years later.  Media.  They do the are minimum to correct the mistakes they had earlier blared to the masses and people then amplify. 

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/nov/26/jerrold-nadler/nadler-wrong-claim-rittenhouse-crossed-state-line-/

48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:nanalama

She is so embarrassing.   Thanks Georgia.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m pretty positive he didn’t cross state lines with a weapon.   This is how disinformation by the media sticks with people even years later.  Media.  They do the are minimum to correct the mistakes they had earlier blared to the masses and people then amplify. 

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/nov/26/jerrold-nadler/nadler-wrong-claim-rittenhouse-crossed-state-line-/

She is so embarrassing.   Thanks Georgia.  

OK, take that part out of my statement.  It still stands that he went looking for a confrontation and he got it.  He had no reason to go there with a gun other than that.

As you said, he should not be the hero that MAGA wants him to be.