The Republican Utopia

11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I wonder if that Democrat rep will be asking his colleagues why they requested Republicans to testify in private during the Russia Russia Russia hearings?   Who are we kidding, he won’t! 

i do remember many of the republicans refusing to testify in the televised jan. 6 hearings

• Plus1 3

There it is.  The whataboutism disinformation revisionist history card. 

Hearings were held behind closed doors during the Russian election interference investigation, in part, because:

It was a bipartisan agreement so that the Democrats could interview witnesses they wanted and so that Republicans could try to save Trump the embarrassment of public hearings.  Tall task but that was the intention.

And in an effort to protect intelligence equities..

The difference now is Democrats are more than willing to have Hunter Biden testimony in an open hearing.  There is no bipartisan agreement and it's doubtful that any intelligence equities could be compromised.  It's obvious why Republicans want his testimony behind closed doors.  

False equivalency debunked 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, commando said:

i do remember many of the republicans refusing to testify in the televised jan. 6 hearings

Do you also remember much of the testimony that people gave was in private with only snippets released to the public in the beginning instead of testimony in front of the committee and the world to see from the start?  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This whole narrative that we have heard from several Republicans now is just disgusting.

GAgy_QIWgAAkLeX?format=jpg&name=medium

It's hilarious when you also consider the anti-immigrant stance.

There's no shortage of people who want to come to America and work jobs, pay taxes, and make social programs solvent. But Congress will never pass an Immigration bill to address it. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1