The Republican Utopia

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Please explain. 

Your comment was about wondering what G Conway thinks about K Conway working close to Trump.

K Conway has worked with Trump for a while.  G Conway tweets constantly apparently.

Thus my comment about political theater between the Conway's.

So my comment had zero to do with Trump allegations.  It was about the Conway's.  Literally.

One less GOP congressman

https://reason.com/2019/07/04/justin-amash-declares-independence-from-republican-party/

One month after Donald Trump took his oath of office, Rep. Justin Amash (R–Mich.) pinned at the top of his very active Twitter feed George Washington's famous farewell address warning against "the baneful effects of the spirit of party generally."

This morning, not seven weeks after breaking ranks with this party in calling for impeachment proceedings against the president, Amash announced in a Washington Post op-ed that he's leaving the GOP and declaring himself an independent.

"Today, I am declaring my independence and leaving the Republican Party," the five-term congressman wrote. "No matter your circumstance, I'm asking you to join me in rejecting the partisan loyalties and rhetoric that divide and dehumanize us….The two-party system has evolved into an existential threat to American principles and institutions."

Amash, 39, had become increasingly isolated within the congressional GOP long before spelling out in a Twitter thread his conclusion that Trump "has engaged in impeachable conduct." He crossed swords with the administration on the travel ban, Obamacare repeal/replace, the firing of then–FBI director James Comey, various spending increases, tariffs, the president's relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin, birthright citizenship, Saudi Arabia, eminent domain, and the emergency declaration along the border, for starters.

• Thanks 1