The Republican Utopia

5 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Good.  They've lost touch with the people a long time ago.  His policy doesn't scare the 18-35 demographic.

That seems to happen when all theyve known is rising healthcare/drug costs, massive amounts of student debt the previous generations didnt have, a great recession and struggling job market after graduating college, the four hottest years ever recorded being the last four, and social security that will be non-existant by the time they retire...if they are even able to retire at all. And it will be worse for their kids. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Krystal Ball is awesome! Started watching her new show the rising on youtube daily. She is a progressive and he co-host is conservative so its a good balance of info and not just group think. They have some good guests on and she actually pushes back on their false statements unlike other media outlets.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Krystal Ball is awesome! Started watching her new show the rising on youtube daily. She is a progressive and he co-host is conservative so its a good balance of info and not just group think. They have some good guests on and she actually pushes back on their false statements unlike other media outlets.

Yep, Krystal Ball is great on Rising. I like that she's a straight shooter:

32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Eerie to read now, it is worth just a few minutes. Four days before El Paso, Frank Figliuzzi (former assistant F.B.I. director for counterintelligence) wrote:

If I learned anything from 25 years in the F.B.I., including a stint as head of counterintelligence, it was to trust my gut when I see a threat unfolding. Those of us who were part of the post-Sept. 11 intelligence community had a duty to sound the alarm about an impending threat.

Now, instinct and experience tell me we’re headed for trouble in the form of white hate violence stoked by a racially divisive president. I hope I’m wrong.

[H]e empowers hateful and potentially violent individuals with his divisive rhetoric and his unwillingness to unequivocally denounce white supremacy. Mr. Trump may be understandably worried about the course of congressional inquiries, but his aggressive and race-baiting responses have been beyond the pale. He has chosen a re-election strategy based on appealing to the kinds of hatred, fear and ignorance that can lead to violence.

It doesn’t really matter whether Mr. Trump is truly a racist or merely playing one on television to appeal to his base. Either way, his path can lead to bloodshed. When that happens, we will hear White House officials and the Republican leadership claim their hands are clean because malicious people can’t be stopped from acting out.

Don’t believe a word of it. Terrorists aren’t born that way: They are inspired, cultivated and directed. Our experience with online radicalization has shown there is a clear path to violence. I fear we are on it.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

Here is the disgusting part of Trump demanding background checks be tied to immigration reform.  It directly rewards the actions of the El Paso shooter and the words in his manifesto.  If Congress passes a bill that has background checks....but also has money to build his f#&%ing wall, more border security and money to deport the dirty brown people, that will be seen as a win by the white supremacists that this piece of crap was so proud to be a part of.

• Thanks 1