The Republican Utopia

Ted Cruz's (and 20 Republican colleagues's) idea of fighting “so that everyday Americans can continue to enjoy better lives and livelihoods" is indexing capital gains taxes for inflation.

You know who gets taxed on capital gains? The incredibly wealthy. 86% of the benefit from this would go the top one percent.

Lol the GOP is such an utterly ethically bankrupt joke right now. When they wake up from this bender they're going to have a hell of a hangover. How any working person votes for these clowns is beyond me.

• Plus1 2

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

In other news, I expect Republicans to vote for this guy in DROVES instead of the draft-dodging Private Bone Spurs they have now.

This guy is a Vet. Put your money where your mouth is, Repubs.

One of the candidates I'm leaning towards.  He called it correctly when he said Trump played his voters as suckers.  He knew what their concerns were, ran as the one guy who could be their savior and then has done nothing to help that middle class voter.

• Plus1 1

The guy who has had one job in govt. and basically admitted on live tv that he f#&%ed that up and is polling at 0% with africian americans and 4% overall will not win the nomination.  He, along with anyone not named Harris, Biden, Sanders or Warren should drop out.

15 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

The guy who has had one job in govt. and basically admitted on live tv that he f#&%ed that up and is polling at 0% with africian americans and 4% overall will not win the nomination.  He, along with anyone not named Harris, Biden, Sanders or Warren should drop out.

Mayor Pete is a breath of fresh air to me.  But I can’t disagree with your post.

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

yes it is true that it will mostly likely come down to those 4 but I think he stays in to get his message out  & as a potential vp choice. 

While Warren may have policies that are a bit too left for me, all but Biden are going there.  However, I give her an edge because I think she has done her homework and is more prepared than Bernie, or Harris.  Biden is to me yesterday's news and a part of the same old tired establishment - void of new ideas.  So if I had to choose between those 4 I most likely would lean Warren.   It may be the big pendulum swing as a reaction to Trump and a big swing for this Reagan voter. 

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Biden is to me yesterday's news and a part of the same old tired establishment - void of new ideas

Biden would be the Mike Riley of presidents. Not good, but not controversial.

We need another good president, though, and soon. An FDR, a Lincoln, someone to steer the country away from the chaos we seem hell-bent on sailing toward.

• Plus1 2