The Republican Utopia

16 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

While I agree, this is kind of the crux of the problem in the GOP right now. The ones who are either secure in their positions with no desire for upward mobility or those without a snowball's chance in Hell at whatever office they're seeking are the only ones willing to be reasonable and even sniff anything other than pure, unadulterated red meat for the base. The more ambitious and closer to more power they get, the more awful they get.

One could make the same claim for the Dems, but for my money the right has shifted way, WAY further from the reasonable middle ground than the left has (while simultaneously convincing a heck of a lot people that it's actually the other way around).

I think you're pretty spot on, and it's one of the reasons I personally tend to be a bit more vocally critical of Republicans than I am Democrats. It seems that Republicans have turned into more extremist caricatures of themselves than Democrats.

But that's not to excuse Democrats. They often drive me up a wall just as much as Republicans, particularly local leaders like Jane Kleeb or Kara Eastman. That's why I don't associate with either party. But Democratic extremism is usually rooted in some kind of tangible injustice that we know is wrong or is at least perceived to be wrong. I can respect or understand the issue even if it seems like they're being all unnecessarily up in their feels about it.

Republican extremism has shifted into this bizarre fight or flight syndrome where everything is a personal affront to a notably archaic lifestyle.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, Ulty said:

Great stuff. This should be required reading for anyone who struggles to understand gender identity issues (which is just about everyone) and anyone who thinks that defining what is a man or a woman is super simple. This twitter thread is a scientific breakdown of the biological component of sex, showing that sex is indeed complicated, and not binary. Without even getting into the social structures of gender at all. 

Is the recent explosion in gender dysphoria cases real or possibly man made.  

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

But…but…but….the laptop. 

But….but….but….it doesn’t make either situation right.    This doesn’t sound appropriate and should be looked into ALSO.  At some point you may figure out things like this  are not an either or :dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
34 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

But….but….but….it doesn’t make either situation right.    This doesn’t sound appropriate and should be looked into ALSO.  At some point you may figure out things like this  are not an either or :dunno

I know I’ve told you all the way back to when Trump was in office and the laptop started being talked about.  I’m fine with all the kids being investigated if there is something there. 

But, Republicans seemed to be the ones perfectly fine with these desks being negotiated in the Oval Office. 

• Plus1 1