The Republican Utopia

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Wasn’t sure if you saw my question, why does Disney need this charter? 

I don’t know. Ask them. But, there are other companies that have similar agreements. Check out how Union Pacific operates.  

Why does Desantis need it changed now?

we know the answer to this. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t know. Ask them. But, there are other companies that have similar agreements. Check out how Union Pacific operates.  

Why does Desantis need it changed now?

we know the answer to this. 

If you don’t know why they have it, why do you care if it’s taken away?  

DeSantis doesn’t “need” it changed now.   

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If you don’t know why they have it, why do you care if it’s taken away?  

DeSantis doesn’t “need” it changed now.   

Then why is he pushing so hard for it….now?

really, that’s not too hard to answer for you if you step away from your party for one minute. 

This could just go under a Trump topic but this Vance person tries to explain Trumps appeal and what the Republicans did to cause it. I am not sure he is right even though the voter stats presented could point in this direction. I think Trump tapped into nationalism….and Hillary was a bad choice by the Dems.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/19/politics/jd-vance-ohio-republican-trump/index.html

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Then why is he pushing so hard for it….now?

really, that’s not too hard to answer for you if you step away from your party for one minute. 

I don’t doubt that politics are involved.  You surely don’t believe DeSantis is unique in this?  

now back to Disney, maybe they should be treated like other large employers in the state with this charter?  We haven’t been given a reason a they need this. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t doubt that politics are involved.  You surely don’t believe DeSantis is unique in this?  

now back to Disney, maybe they should be treated like other large employers in the state with this charter?  We haven’t been given a reason a they need this. 

Politicians should not be openly taking revenge on businesses for disagreeing with them.  This is pathetic and proved he is not presidential material. 

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Politicians should not be openly taking revenge on businesses for disagreeing with them.  This is pathetic and proved he is not presidential material. 

Does Disney need this?  What’s the harm in taking it away and treat them like other business’s. 

Are you certain Joe Biden hasn’t threatened a business before?  Or Barack Obama, or George Bush? 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Does Disney need this?  What’s the harm in taking it away and treat them like other business’s. 

I mean the benefits Disney assumes from this charter are objectively quantifiable for Disney as a business, and Disney's success has objectively benefited Florida's tourism as well as currently employing nearly 70,000 Floridians (which, by the way, is more than the margin in which DeSantis won Florida... something he might want to think about as he goes after them). Not to mention it would cause considerable economic challenges for Disney and the surrounding counties because they'd have to make a lot of infrastructural changes.

So the 'harm' is ultimately making it more difficult to Disney to do their business which is going to trickle down to its guests, the surrounding communities and the state of Florida itself.

This is a silly situation. This only became a point of consternation because Disney said critical things about DeSantis and Florida conservative policies. Most people had no clue Disney had this charter (or even would've cared about it) up until Republicans made it an issue. It's pretty clear to most people what this is actually about and there's very little logic behind it outside of trying to exact revenge on Disney. It's petty.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I mean the benefits Disney assumes from this charter are objectively quantifiable for Disney as a business, and Disney's success has objectively benefited Florida's tourism as well as currently employing nearly 70,000 Floridians (which, by the way, is more than the margin in which DeSantis won Florida... something he might want to think about as he goes after them). Not to mention it would cause considerable economic challenges for Disney and the surrounding counties because they'd have to make a lot of infrastructural changes.

So the 'harm' is ultimately making it more difficult to Disney to do their business which is going to trickle down to its guests, the surrounding communities and the state of Florida itself.

This is a silly situation. This only became a point of consternation because Disney said critical things about DeSantis and Florida conservative policies. Most people had no clue Disney had this charter (or even would've cared about it) up until Republicans made it an issue. It's pretty clear to most people what this is actually about and there's very little logic behind it outside of trying to exact revenge on Disney. It's petty.

@Archy1221 is fine with the pettiness when it’s his dream presidential candidate doing it. 

9 minutes ago, Enhance said:
22 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You are the first to actually begin to answer a question I asked.  I don’t understand the charter and want to know what Disney gets?  What are those benefits and are they still necessary.  

And yes, it’s political.  

• Plus1 1