The Republican Utopia

16 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

We passed the point we can’t absorb it all a long time ago. Sounds to me like you should be pushing for the rich to be paying their share. 

The problem can’t be addressed from only one side of the ledger. Both revenue and spending need to be accounted for. Checks notes on what Rs have actually done…

Tax cuts for the ultra wealthy.

Program cuts for the neediest.

Soaring deficits when Rs are in control.

Good job :thumbs

First, You would do well for yourself to put a marker down on what “wealthy” is and what “fair share” means.  They are fairly open to a wide interpretation.

Second, almost half of Americans pay no federal income tax so how in the hell do they get a tax cut?   

Third, here is the structure on how much groups pay in taxes.

https://taxfoundation.org/rich-pay-their-fair-share-of-taxes/

Half-of-taxpayers-pay-97-percent-of-fede

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

First, You would do well for yourself to put a marker down on what “wealthy” is and what “fair share” means.  They are fairly open to a wide interpretation.

Second, almost half of Americans pay no federal income tax so how in the hell do they get a tax cut?   

Third, here is the structure on how much groups pay in taxes.

https://taxfoundation.org/rich-pay-their-fair-share-of-taxes/

Half-of-taxpayers-pay-97-percent-of-fede

Does this really need to be explained to you again?

Yes the top 1% are paying a huge portion of the total. But what that useless bar chart doesn’t show is that within that 1% group most are paying income tax at a much lower rate than you or me, and some (like Trump) are paying next to nothing. Just imagine if they were paying at our percentage of income. Maybe then that group would be paying 80% of the total. So what? They can afford it and wouldn’t miss it. And fairness isn’t dictated by aggregate numbers of a group, it’s determined one person at a time compared to others. 

Why do you carry so much water for a party that doesn’t give a flying f#&% about you or anyone else except for their ultra rich supporters and the scum that keeps their culture war churning so they can rally support from the weak minded that will keep them voting for them?

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Does this really need to be explained to you again?

Yes the top 1% are paying a huge portion of the total. But what that useless bar chart doesn’t show is that within that 1% group most are paying income tax at a much lower rate than you or me, and some (like Trump) are paying next to nothing. Just imagine if they were paying at our percentage of income. Maybe then that group would be paying 80% of the total. So what? They can afford it and wouldn’t miss it. And fairness isn’t dictated by aggregate numbers of a group, it’s determined one person at a time compared to others. 

Why do you carry so much water for a party that doesn’t give a flying f#&% about you or anyone else except for their ultra rich supporters and the scum that keeps their culture war churning so they can rally support from the weak minded that will keep them voting for them?

1). I’m quite shocked that you are actually a business owner and do not understand the concept of carry over losses:facepalm:  That's quite amazing to me.  

2). Define what a “fair share” is to you.   In exact percentages please.

3).  Did you happen to see US revenues the last four or so years after the tax cut? Kinda cool ehh.  

4). Why do I care about taxes for people wealthier than me.   Cause I’m not the type of person that’s jealous of someone who makes more than me and wants that success punished just cause it’s success.   

5) your last paragraph is pure laughter.  Appreciate it as it lightened my day a bit:thumbs  One little ol me is carrying water on a comparatively speaking lightly seen sports message board.  There isn’t a politician in DC that gives a s#!t specifically about me or you for that matter.  We die tomorrow and no one there could care less, unless it’s picked up as a wedge issue my the media like the NY homeless man that no one cared for till he died.   Hell his own family didn’t give a s#!t about him till they found they might get some money out of it now.  Spare me the soap box about carrying water:lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

1). I’m quite shocked that you are actually a business owner and do not understand the concept of carry over losses:facepalm:  That's quite amazing to me.  

2). Define what a “fair share” is to you.   In exact percentages please.

3).  Did you happen to see US revenues the last four or so years after the tax cut? Kinda cool ehh.  

4). Why do I care about taxes for people wealthier than me.   Cause I’m not the type of person that’s jealous of someone who makes more than me and wants that success punished just cause it’s success.   

5) your last paragraph is pure laughter.  Appreciate it as it lightened my day a bit:thumbs  One little ol me is carrying water on a comparatively speaking lightly seen sports message board.  There isn’t a politician in DC that gives a s#!t specifically about me or you for that matter.  We die tomorrow and no one there could care less, unless it’s picked up as a wedge issue my the media like the NY homeless man that no one cared for till he died.   Hell his own family didn’t give a s#!t about him till they found they might get some money out of it now.  Spare me the soap box about carrying water:lol:

And thank you for brightening my day as well. You amused me once again with yet another wild jump to another wrong conclusion. I really should expect them by now but you always catch me off guard with your silly tangential takes. It’s like I’m typing in English but you’re reading it as Swahili. Too much fun.

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

And thank you for brightening my day as well. You amused me once again with yet another wild jump to another wrong conclusion. I really should expect them by now but you always catch me off guard with your silly tangential takes. It’s like I’m typing in English but you’re reading it as Swahili. Too much fun.

Yet I wasn’t wrong :dunno

• Plus1 1