Jump to content

The First Trump Impeachment Thread


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

"This" is the Impeachment Trial not the politics as usual thread.  I have no doubt Bolton will publish his tell all book {after it is cleared for classified material} and go on the CNN circuit for 15 minutes before he's inevitably put on the list below Stormy Daniels.  Trump has always antagonized everyone he fires so it's not surprising he leaves a trail of angry people looking to pay him back. But Executive Privilege has been invoked since President Washington and absolutely protects the Chief Executive's meetings with his advisors, and the law doesn't change when one gets rankled. 

So...the vast majority of people who work in the WH and then leave, tell stories of bad stuff going on by the President and this is the reaction?
 

giphy.gif

 

Trump supporters truly are fascinating with the extent they will go to ignore or demonize people who say bad things about the President.

 

There's a word for that.

  • Plus1 4
Link to post

  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have long ago proven yourself to be intellectually dishonest and resistant to facts and reason.

Interesting thing about this.     Shokin was widely viewed as a corrupt prosecutor by almost all of our allies.  It was widely known within our our foreign policy team that he actually neede

You would invoke Alan Dershowitz to defend Donald Trump.  He defended Epstein and procured his sweetheart deal that allowed him to continue raping children. Epstein pled the 5th when as

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That Bolton guy should do all he can to make as much cash as he can off his book.  I would.  I would figure out the very best way to make sales go through the roof.  

 

I was just thinking about that yesterday. The best way to capitalize on sales? Release it now. 

Link to post

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That Bolton guy should do all he can to make as much cash as he can off his book.  I would.  I would figure out the very best way to make sales go through the roof.  

Here's the thing about the book and the possible Bolton testimony.  Republicans like @Notre Dame Joe don't want Bolton to testify and they point to his book as evidence that he's just out to make a buck.

 

Well.....If they are truly out for the truth, they should DEMAND Bolton testify under oath or the book comes out and can say whatever it wants.

 

If he testifies under oath and says the same thing as the book.....well....you could probably take the book more for what it says.  If he is put under oath and says something else than what's in the book.  You just destroyed his ability to make any money off of it.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Here's the thing about the book and the possible Bolton testimony.  Republicans like @Notre Dame Joe don't want Bolton to testify and they point to his book as evidence that he's just out to make a buck.

 

Well.....If they are truly out for the truth, they should DEMAND Bolton testify under oath or the book comes out and can say whatever it wants.

 

If he testifies under oath and says the same thing as the book.....well....you could probably take the book more for what it says.  If he is put under oath and says something else than what's in the book.  You just destroyed his ability to make any money off of it.

So it could end up being an even bigger payoff for Bolton if he testifies and it is all true.  

 

Link to post

This is just becoming absurd now.

 

But with such staunch supporters willing to look the other way and laugh about literally anything trump does (see this thread, for example) as long as it bothers the libs, this is the country you're going to get.

 

Keep voting Republican, kids. Corruption is fun, and there's no way it will ever affect you.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Here's the thing about the book and the possible Bolton testimony.  Republicans like @Notre Dame Joe don't want Bolton to testify and they point to his book as evidence that he's just out to make a buck.

 

Well.....If they are truly out for the truth, they should DEMAND Bolton testify under oath or the book comes out and can say whatever it wants.

 

If he testifies under oath and says the same thing as the book.....well....you could probably take the book more for what it says.  If he is put under oath and says something else than what's in the book.  You just destroyed his ability to make any money off of it.

Exactly. The GOP wants him to just come out and say what he knows in a public setting. That way they can use that as a reason for him not needing to testify. Plus they’ll then be able to right off whatever he says as BS.  That’s why he needs to testify under oath. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is just becoming absurd now.

 

But with such staunch supporters willing to look the other way and laugh about literally anything trump does (see this thread, for example) as long as it bothers the libs, this is the country you're going to get.

 

Keep voting Republican, kids. Corruption is fun, and there's no way it will ever affect you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

If this is the new talking point, they KNOW witnesses are going to testify that Trump specifically gave them  a quid pro quo and they are trying to get out front of it and soften the blow.

 

Very interesting.

Link to post

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

If this is the new talking point, they KNOW witnesses are going to testify that Trump specifically gave them  a quid pro quo and they are trying to get out front of it and soften the blow.

 

Very interesting.

 

That was my thought as well. Trying desperately to get out ahead of the bus before it runs them over.

Link to post
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Who are these people taking selfies with Lev Parnas?

 

The world has indeed gone mad.

 

 

There is indeed stupid people on "both sides"....

 

I would assume, by looking at some signs, that these aren't protesting on behalf of Trump.

Link to post
49 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is just becoming absurd now.

 

But with such staunch supporters willing to look the other way and laugh about literally anything trump does (see this thread, for example) as long as it bothers the libs, this is the country you're going to get.

 

Keep voting Republican, kids. Corruption is fun, and there's no way it will ever affect you.

 

 

 

 

 

Ok so let me get this straight - It is ok if I rob a store while investigating a previous robbery at the store. Thanks Ted for that wonderful legal opinion - it gives me a lot of freedom the next time I walk into a Walmart.  The Trump Quid pro Quo argument. 

 

These guys really are circus clowns: the  pretzel bending & jumping through hoops is just amazing - the greatest show on the lunacy side of earth. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...