The First Trump Impeachment Thread

13 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I think it's possible to look into what the Bidens did, just as it was possible with Hillary's emails, without having to succumb to the lazy narrative that those are equal or equivalent to what Trump is being investigated for.

The lazy narrative is going to be co-opted by Trump and his supporters to say everyone is equally bad and nothing matters.

That's the point I was trying to make, anyway.

3 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

The lazy narrative is going to be co-opted by Trump and his supporters to say everyone is equally bad and nothing matters.

That's the point I was trying to make, anyway.

Well sure. They're going to do that no matter what.

My point is that rational people can still investigate and discuss Biden's involvement.

The Ukraine scandal will not result in the impeachment of Trump, nor will Hunter Biden be indicted. But it will further dirty the record of Joe Biden. Too many powerful people have their political lives at stake, and deals will be made to keep the truth hidden. The Crimea will remain part of Russia, and the best we can hope for is a peaceful resolution in the Donbas.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/here-dirt-trump-wanted-about-bidens-and-why-zelensky-doesnt-want-give-it-him

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I find them all over the place and even in the most unexpected places.

I can't find them either locally, or on the internet. Everyone is so biased with preconceived opinions that rational discussion has been impossible.

3 hours ago, Apsu said:

I can't find them either locally, or on the internet. Everyone is so biased with preconceived opinions that rational discussion has been impossible.

You're in a pretty good place for rational discussion right now.

Also keep in mind that biased and preconceived opinions don't necessarily mean that the person can't be rational. I understand that those things don't usually go together, but I've found that giving people the opportunity to reconsider can go a long ways. Of course, that's not usually the case.

• Plus1 1

I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican.
I don't like either Trump or Biden, and would like to see both go down. But I doubt either does, as deals will be made.

Unfortunately I see partisans of both sides saying how their guy is completely innocent, and the other guy is going down.

34 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Oh man would you have had your panties in a wad over the eyeroll

I still say we should bring it back. Let the trolls troll!

Why do you assume that "panties in a wad" over a comment. That identifies yourself as someone not to be conversed with.

And at least Facebook lets you know who doesn't appreciate your post, instead of assuming.

4 minutes ago, Apsu said:

Why do you assume that "panties in a wad" over a comment. That identifies yourself as someone not to be conversed with.

And at least Facebook lets you know who doesn't appreciate your post, instead of assuming.

I'm not assuming anything, you literally posted about how its cheesy to react to your post anonymously. I'm sorry but in my world thats called getting your panties in a wad. Most just go about their business paying no mind to the reaction. We used to have an eyeroll emoji and boy did folks have fun with that, so much so it got removed. I personally don't see the big deal with it. If someone is too coward to discuss why they think I'm wrong and wants to just eyeroll from afar thats their business.

8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm not assuming anything, you literally posted about how its cheesy to react to your post anonymously. I'm sorry but in my world thats called getting your panties in a wad. Most just go about their business paying no mind to the reaction. We used to have an eyeroll emoji and boy did folks have fun with that, so much so it got removed. I personally don't see the big deal with it. If someone is too coward to discuss why they think I'm wrong and wants to just eyeroll from afar thats their business.

I called it cheesy... it is.

No problem, end of issue.